• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Line selector question, or what's all this 'hump stuff, anyhow?'

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
I am considering a front disc conversion for my 1967 Coronet. In Line Tube has "straight" or "w/hump right front". I forgot is the 'hump' where the line goes under the frame rail? Anyone have a picture handy? Thanks and take care, Bill

Products

I thought it was the one following the seam in the firewall??

Here is the hump in the center of the firewall. The other style line goes straight across The firewall. It was made for Hemi with the heat tubes to the back of the intake. Then they put the hump lines on cars with other engines also.

2CCB9CB5-51DC-4B81-A04B-1BD8FFF27AC4.jpeg

Last edited:
They mention "right front" for the hump?
1700265520635.png

1700265590053.png

Difficult to tell from the photos. Thanks again for helping out.

Found this info on eBay; need to decode/discern the hump.

Type 3: Right front line clips under the steering column then rises about 4-1/2 above the bell housing area of the firewall.

Type 4: Right front line clips under the steering column then runs fairly straight across firewall to right side.

Type 5: Right front line clips to inner fender rises about4-1/2 above the bell housing area then routes over the frame rail to the hose.

Okay I see the light!

I just compared the Coronet to Road Runner brake line at the firewall. The Coronet is STRAIGHT and the Road Runner is HUMP!

Thanks for the help!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back