• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed questions 1965 coronet

JakeBorg66

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I made a mistake. I bought this 4 speed trans ,for my 65 coronet, from a friend not realizing it wasn’t for a b body. The shifter location site right under the floor support. Does anyone know if I can change the tail shaft to a b body location or maybe does anyone have a b body trans for sale? Also does anyone know what trans this is? Again my car is a 1965 coronet

4E4757B6-495F-4670-836F-0B2F8FF3A71C.jpeg 84431C34-241B-46A6-91F1-4E4B22790C12.jpeg

Looks like an A body trans. Not sure about the tailstock swap.

not without changing the main shaft in the trans. and even then most likey no. that's an A body trans..

Hey guys I made a mistake. I bought this 4 speed trans ,for my 65 coronet, from a friend not realizing it wasn’t for a b body. The shifter location site right under the floor support. Does anyone know if I can change the tail shaft to a b body location or maybe does anyone have a b body trans for sale? Also does anyone know what trans this is? Again my car is a 1965 coronet

View attachment 928933 View attachment 928934
Check with Dan Brewer Brewers Perf. He can identify it for you!

Does the front bearing retainer fit snugly in the bellhousing? Some of the A body trans had a smaller retainer.

View attachment 928933 View attachment 928934

hi I have a front and rear seat out of a 65 2 door post coronet
i can use the 4 speed
let me know thanks
Paul

Auto Transport Service
Back