• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 + 6 Pictures

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I need some pics of the carb linkage & spring set up of a six barrell set up. Must be an automatic trans set up. Thank You !!

Also does anyone know where to get that little clip.

I need some pics of the carb linkage & spring set up of a six barrell set up. Must be an automatic trans set up. Thank You !!

Also does anyone know where to get that little clip.
this?

100_0071.jpg

Just an FYI - on the other side of the six pack, the "outboard return linkage".....make SURE you have the rods oriented in/out correctly. Otherwise, the back one can just barely hang up on the side of the intake when you floor the motor.....engine goes wide open and stays there.... ask me how I know

My old '70 auto set...........(with a '71 solenoid).......never could find KD linkage for my 4spd, hmmmmm........:lol:

1689818040333.png

The '69 440+6 had the hot idle solenoid. And the bowl screws were slotted head not hex head. Repro carbs used hex head bowl screws. I believe the PCV valve for '69 was on the passenger side valve cover....
BOB RENTON
aftermarket carb/intake with OEM linkage. never wanted or needed a solenoid.

aftermarket carb/intake with OEM linkage. never wanted or needed a solenoid.
Wrong.....all the 440+6 engines had the hot idle solenoid assy.....yours may/may not have had the solenoid but they all came OEM with it.....plus the 4 speed trans did NOT have or need "kick down linkage" ...but ALL had the end carb closing linkage to force the end carbs closed after WOT if the vacuum open signal was slow to dissipate. Just my opinion.....
BOB RENTON

Wrong.....all the 440+6 engines had the hot idle solenoid assy.....yours may/may not have had the solenoid but they all came OEM with it.....plus the 4 speed trans did NOT have or need "kick down linkage" ...but ALL had the end carb closing linkage to force the end carbs closed after WOT if the vacuum open signal was slow to dissipate. Just my opinion.....
BOB RENTON
wrong? calm down. i said it was aftermarket except linkage. and, the only people who need a solenoid are restorers or people who can't tune.

Auto Transport Service
Back