• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440/6 Vacuum Advance Needed

MoparHonda

Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
The vacuum advance on my '70 Plymouth 440/6 has gone out; I need another one.

The engine is stock, I just need one that works and is adjustable, does not have to be NOS or 'correct', just one that works. I looked at the parts suppliers, AutoZone, O'Reilly, etc, no one seems to have one.

Does anyone know of a parts supplier that has these?

i think mancini has some re-pops. i tried one of the re-pops for a single point distributor and it was a total waste of money because the idiots who made the thing didn't use the correct spring. people who don't know anything about engines re-poping parts.

The vacuum advance on my '70 Plymouth 440/6 has gone out; I need another one.

The engine is stock, I just need one that works and is adjustable, does not have to be NOS or 'correct', just one that works. I looked at the parts suppliers, AutoZone, O'Reilly, etc, no one seems to have one.

Does anyone know of a parts supplier that has these?
If your engine is "stock" the distributor should be a Prestolite dual point distributor. Your best source is, as noted, Ray @ HALLIFAXHOPS. unless you've changed over to electronic ignition....(WHY??)......
BOB RENTON

Do you have your distributor number or a picture of your old vacuum can.

Auto Transport Service
Back