• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 casting numbers

Explain yourself. What do you mean? I need more info before I tell you to kiss my ***..;-)

Explain yourself. What do you mean? I need more info before I tell you to kiss my ***..;-)
I have talked to to many people lead astray by 440 source selling them incompatible parts with big expectations. One needs to do their own home work instead of listening to parts suppliers.

I have talked to to many people lead astray by 440 source selling them incompatible parts with big expectations. One needs to do their own home work instead of listening to parts suppliers.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I got my info from many sources, including 440 Source. 440 source has taken the mystery out of many facets of 440 lore and they are to be commended for their effort. If you personally have an issue with them then that's an issue for you and not necessarily for everyone else. As they say, " Opinions very, just like ********" You mistakenly assumed that I used 440 Source as a stand alone source for what ever knowledge I possess on that subject. You were wrong. Consider yourself told.

IMG_0104.JPG
Looks great, nice score! Does it have the raised bands along the sides just above the freeze plugs?

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I got my info from many sources, including 440 Source. 440 source has taken the mystery out of many facets of 440 lore and they are to be commended for their effort. If you personally have an issue with them then that's an issue for you and not necessarily for everyone else. As they say, " Opinions very, just like ********" You mistakenly assumed that I used 440 Source as a stand alone source for what ever knowledge I possess on that subject. You were wrong. Consider yourself told.
They are not a local source of mopar parts probly the last place I would shop and have never shopped there. If I need knowledge on a part will go to the manufacture not the retailer.

We all have our methods of ferreting out the right data and the manufacturer is always the best source unless you take into account the weird stuff all of the major automakers have done over the years. As stated in, and by, many sources, even the manufacturer will give you a different answer depending on who you speak with or where you look. So taken all together it's wise to look under all rocks rather than limit yourself to one source. That said, I still maintain that 440 Source is a good reference for anyone who is less than familiar with 440 facts or lore and a good starting point to begin to educate yourself about these marvelous engines. Your opinion is duly noted. Doesn't make yours right, or the only one worth considering. But, you knew that already...right?

IMG_0564.JPG
Little update for everyone, dropped the block at the machine shop this morning for a once over. Decided to buy a stroker kit for this seeing as I need crank pistons and rods anyway.

View attachment 384581 Little update for everyone, dropped the block at the machine shop this morning for a once over. Decided to buy a stroker kit for this seeing as I need crank pistons and rods anyway.
And..how much does that cost? What will be the CU inchs and HP/Torque numbers?

And..how much does that cost? What will be the CU inchs and HP/Torque numbers?
Ehh I'm guesstimating around 6-7 grand to build the whole motor. Displacement will be either 494/496 depending what bore I go with, waiting on word from the machine shop. Just going off similar builds I would say 600+ horse close to 700 torque.

Hey guys, just an update on my block, everything checked out fine at the machine shop. Got the green light to start the 505 stroker build. That's an update also I think last time I said it was going to be a 494 stroker, decided to go with the 505 kit instead.

Auto Transport Service
Back