• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 charger vs magnum 5.7

Hahaha i dont know why this cut me off. My 440's got roller rockers and a sort of halfway cam and a performer manifold, and 770 holley. What do you think wod be faster, the magnum or the 440

2011 R/t challenger ran a 13.8 at 107 mph...That,ll beat my 440....It,s mildly built but i got 3.55 gears and an auto...4.10 gears I,d give him a run for his money..
Petty Blue GTX

Yeah, but which will be more comfortable driving home?

A 440 powered car that won't run into the mid 13's? Whatsamattawitya lol and do we really care about comfort that much?? When my old cars break (which they don't very often), I can usually get them going on my own. With the new junk....call the wrecker truck! Being able to fix my stuff on the side of the road is comfort in my book :D

A 5.7 HEMI in a Magnum is a low to mid 14 second car in the 1/4 mile. I had a 70 Coronet coupe with a rebuilt 440, stock 375 hp cam, & 452 heads that were gasket matched with a small hand grinder. I had an edelbrock dual quad intake, with two 500 cfm carbs, a rebuilt stock 727 & 3.91 gears, my car (3660 lbs) went 13.16 @ 108 . you should have no trouble beating a stock Magnum.

A 440 powered car that won't run into the mid 13's? Whatsamattawitya lol and do we really care about comfort that much?? When my old cars break (which they don't very often), I can usually get them going on my own. With the new junk....call the wrecker truck! Being able to fix my stuff on the side of the road is comfort in my book :D

You must be getting used to the Texas heat! LOL

The older I get, the more I hate it...but I don't really like the cold either lol

Auto Transport Service
Back