• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 one or two carbs?

patp

Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Just starting a 1969 project car. Currently car has a good 340 but I have picked up a 1970 440 block, I plan to rebuild and use that one. No intake on the block so....... one or two carbs? I am thinking that I want two carbs but have no idea,might just be an upper mid age crisis thing. Any advice from the experts?

How about THREE?

6 pack.jpg

For a good street set up where you can close the hood.....3 as in 6 pack.

2 four barrel carbs means twice the cost, twice the headaches, and no real gain in performance. That being said, I did it and I was glad I did! It looks very cool and was different than everybody else. It just changes the look of the engine in a good way. Now I run a six pack. Who knows, maybe the next one will have four?

How about both !!

Attachments

• Picture 226.jpg
    Picture 226.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 709
  • Picture 633.jpg
    Picture 633.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 513
i like'm in bunches.

Yep, more is better! I'm going with two 600's on my mildly built 440. I've never had a multi carb engine and it just looks cool on these cars!

I don't remember who said it but when you have a nice car the engine compartment is like the jewelry box. Open the hood and "bling"!

Six pack and you will never go back

patp didn't say anything about four barrels...maybe he's asking about two single barrel carbs? :)

2 X 4 ain't too bad.
image.jpgimage.jpg

2 four barrel carbs means twice the cost, twice the headaches, and no real gain in performance. That being said, I did it and I was glad I did! It looks very cool and was different than everybody else. It just changes the look of the engine in a good way. Now I run a six pack. Who knows, maybe the next one will have four?
2 Eddys are cheaper than a Big Holley. I run them on two cars. Very easy pretty much stock jetting. Even ran a back to back test last fall. 2 Pro-Systems 750 Holley's, 1.26,[email protected]. 2 Eddy 750, car spun the tires 1.30,[email protected]. Very little difference. The Eddys are near stock jetted up 2 steps.
Doug

I had to sell my cross ram, every time I see one I cry a little.

Malex- if my engine looked like that I'd throw my hood away.

WEBERRRRRRRRRR.jpg how about this i want this so bad . I had a weiand tunnel ram on a 440 with two 750 holley endele linkage, zero problems . Think the 6 pack is the way to go though. Lots of parts out there a lot of people running them good luck mopar on!

Patp, I got over my upper middle age crisis a long time ago, lower old age crisis has taken over.

Weiand.jpg

I agree two fours and 6 pk's are cool. Myself I am lazier in my old age with alot of joint problems and I like a simple Holley Double Pumper carb. Simple to tune and they run very good. Course they are not as much of the WOW factor when you lift the hood. But if you want to keep it simple you cant beat a single Holley DP. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back