• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 one or two carbs?

Now you're talking tunnel ram, that changes the discussion. I agree with you on that. But if you look at the tests that have been done comparing single to dual carbs with similar intakes you will find 90% of the time the single makes more power. Also in racing applications everything changes. I'm not arguing with you and by no means do I claim to be an expert, just trying to compare apples to apples. I'm assuming your running something a bit more serious than your basic 440. I would be curious of your dyno results. I've never ran a tunnel ram but have considered it a few times.

Sorry, never saw the pic. Nice looking engine.

I run two six packs,one in my '69 440 Dart and the other is going in my '65 Satellite!! Gotta love 'em!!!

simple tunnel ram test is take one carb off and see what happens.
In the early 90's I had a 454 powered jet boat with a Weiand TR intake and a single 4. It ran pretty good even though I never tired 2 4's on it but.....it ran good enough with one 4 to blow the bastard up LOL. Thing is, I sold it before it blew up on me. So, chalk that up for 2 Chevy engines that I owned and blew up with new owners :grin: I knew something was up with the boat and gave the guy back some money.....enough that made him happy. It was a pretty nice rig and even the trailer was nice and it had some good parts on it including a worked over pump that performed very well.

IMG_20151121_150124 (2).jpg

There seems to be a lot of hemming hawwing in this thread. And I don't mean to sidetrack it. But why not fuel injection? Something like Atomic EFI?

Relatively easy install. Better throttle response. Better MPG. And reliable reliable reliable. Right?...

Even better Verdelaw, what about fuel injected 6-pack!? It would help with MPG, pump gas problems, responsiveness, stay traditional but not.... Been seriously thinking about working some overtime and putting this on an engine! Back it with a viper 6 speed, good heads, and the right rear end..... Sorry got kind of excited :monkeydance:

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/mopp-0811-mopar-electronic-fuel-injection-upgrade/

http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/products.htm

You must scratch your head and have money fall out. Stuff your furniture with money. Wipe with it perhaps. Because the BASE price of that 6-pack injection system you posted is $2650. DAMN!

Auto Transport Service
Back