• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 440 RB Complete Big Block for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthalite3

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling my freshly rebuilt 440 RB big block
Its a date coded 11/16/1968
#9C269566
E 440 block
It currently sits in my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner (NO the car is not for sale)
And yes the engine runs just fine.
I bought the car in 2012 turn key and took motor out to get engine bay and car painted.
From what the previous owner told me about the motor is this:
heads were milled .60 over, it has a forged crank, cam with a 6 inch lift.
Previous owner didn't drive it much because it has a 456 gear in the rear.
When I asked him another question he said he wasn't answering any more questions because he said he was pissed that he sold the car. He went on to tell me he just put alot of $$ into the motor.
While the motor was out I changed valley pan, oil pickup, oil pan, new valve covers, new holley 750 double pumper mechanical secondary carb, windage tray, milodon high volume water pump, degreased, primed and painted block w 3 coats of por-15 hemi orange color. Added msd 6AL, had alternator rebuilt to 200 amps, & painted headers. All of what I just mentioned comes with motor in sale. I also will include original 22 inch radiator with fan shroud.
In pictures you will see the before, after and inside bottom of motor. When I took oil pan off bottom of motor I noticed the new pistons so it was a fresh rebuild done b4 I bought it.
I've driven it less then 5 miles since I've owned mainly because it was in the paint shop for 18 months(that's another story). Car came out of paint shop this past September & since then I have been installing interior, glass, lights, seats, etc.
Here are 2 video links of the motor running here after it was re-installed: Adjustments on the carb and timing had not been made in these videos. sorry the 2nd video is side ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58F9fqBISpY&index=19&list=UU4TdEo2VanIi4QryjBzsEvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uhC_OvVH3A&index=20&list=UU4TdEo2VanIi4QryjBzsEvg

I am asking $5,500 cash OBO.
You can drop this motor right in your mopar and fire it right up.
I am motivated to sell but will not give this motor away.
Feel free to post your questions or PM me.
Once you check motor out and pay for it then I will take it out of my car.
I have provided this info to the best of my knowledge, I do not know everything but will do my best to answer any additional questions.
Location is Lansing, IL which is 25 min south of Chicago. IMG_6202[1].jpgIMG_6203[2].jpgIMG_6204[1].jpgIMG_4040.jpgIMG_4452.jpgIMG_4706.jpgIMG_5112.jpg

Last edited:

Send a private Messages. Do not discuss prices and no commentary in ads

click members user name and select Private Message

Last edited by a moderator:
Any questions regarding 440 please PM me.

J.R. has been painted and is almost complete since videos were made. Here's a peek. IMG_6396[1].jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back