• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source oil pans versus Mopar Performance - just as good?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
The 440 Source oil pans are listed for $99 as compares to the $250 +/- Mopar Performance or Milodon replacement pans. Does anyone have experience with them and an opinion on their quality, thickness of metal etc?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have their 5 quart chrome pan and it looks really good. Thick metal, it has a nice weight to it and doesn't feel cheap. All the bolt holes line up as they should. I'll buy another when the time comes.

Chew on this:
I have a Milodon 6 quart pan and had leaks using the molded plastic windage tray. The tray stuck out past the edges of the pan. I laid a stock 402 pan over my pan and found that the Milodon was 1/4” shorter.

Well, thanks for the reply’s. I found a slightly better deal for a pan and pickup package at Mancini Racing for the same pan and ordered it. I figure most of the stamped pans are from the same Chinese stamping Plant although its possible different metal finishing shops may trim them out a little better than some of the others. But who knows who the are.

I bought a no name one two years ago, probably the mancini/440 source one. Fit and finish is great.

Whichever pan you choose I would strongly recommend filling it up on the bench and letting it sit for a day or two...two Milodon pans I've dealt with in the last two years have had teenytiny leaks where the baffling was welded to the sump. Couldn't see a hole, but it was there. Not to say they aren't still turning out a good product, but for the extra money they charge, dammit man....

The 440 source chrome oil pan is about 1/2 inch deeper than a factory pan. Mine was getting rubbed by the drag link under the pan on a 71 RR

Good tip on filling it for a few day and letting it sit. I’ll do that.

Probably all made in the same Chinese factory....next to the MSD stuff.

I have a summit hemi pan, and a 440Source hemi pan. Between the 2 side by side, the summit is stamped from thinner gauge steel, plus the 440Source is coated. Neither has been mounted to an engine yet though...
I know your trying to compare the 440S & MP pan, but just wanted to add this to show there are differences between manufacturers, even though they may be all stamped in China.

Last edited:
Got it. Could still be the same plant but different material gage for different buyer orders. Anyway, I hope the Mancini pan is not from the Summit source.

Thanks

A close friend used a 440 source extended oil pan for his 512 stroker...
It leaked badly, due to poor welding in the seam. He sent it back and they replaced it, replacement mounted fine and no leaks..

Just my $0.02....

Auto Transport Service
Back