• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

46RH isn’t working like it should

dickdale

Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
I recently almost finished my project doing a 2014 Hemi engine with a518/46RH in my 70’s Satellite but the transmission isn’t working properly. The only thing I didn’t check or rebuild was the trans because before I bought it it was rebuild.

When going to a full stop the engine wants to stall. When putting it into N it will go back into D but sometimes it will not before I rev it in N without wanting to stall.

At a certain speed there is a vibration in the car. When putting the trans into N, the vibration is gone.
Also the OD doesn’t work and the LU will engage with a simple switch but it would not go out of LU so I have to put it in N before the LU will disengage.

What can be the problem?

I’ve drained a little bit of fluid from the trans because it didn’t get a oil indicator and used a aftermarket one.

I do have 2 NAG1’s laying around and am thinking of the idea of swapping it.

What are you controlling the transmission with? Is it compatible with the 518 rooster comb detent centers?
Mike

Recently controlling it with simple on/off switches. Have PATC switches but they aren’t hooked up.

Auto Transport Service
Back