• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

493 Stroker intake selection..

The Holley SD intake has a 5500 limit with 440 cubes. It would be a poor choice with a 493 that has 4.10 gears & a 4800 rpm c'ter.

I dyno tested a Holley SD on my 499ci RB with 850 double pumper. 600hp/625lbft and outperformed a trick flow single plane on the same engine back to back. The SD was ported & gasket matched, trick flow was OOTB. And I could run a 4 barrel air grabber air filter setup with the SD on an n96 70 roadrunner. It's a nice intake.

I sold the trick flow after the dyno session.

I dyno tested a Holley SD on my 499ci RB with 850 double pumper. 600hp/625lbft and outperformed a trick flow single plane on the same engine back to back. The SD was ported & gasket matched, trick flow was OOTB. And I could run a 4 barrel air grabber air filter setup with the SD on an n96 70 roadrunner. It's a nice intake.

I sold the trick flow after the dyno session.
The day the victor intake came out I got one to replace the SD. On a mild low 12 440. There was basically nothing to go back and write a journal entry over. It just looked cooler.

Auto Transport Service
Back