• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4wheel disk brake conversion/front calipers don't release

I originally had the disk/drum, same problem, so ordered the disk/disk and apparently have the same problem.

That's a disc/.drum master. The rear port should feed the front brakes. If that master is untouched it should have a residual valve in the front port which will hold 10lbs pressure. They can be removed by pulling the inverted flare seat and chucking the ball and spring behind it. If the front port is feeding the front brakes you're way off.

He said he has a disc/disc MC now.

Are you using the 50 year old distribution block?

Yes, that is the new M/C, supposed to be a disk/disk. The front port is feeding the rears

Yes, that is the new M/C, supposed to be a disk/disk. The front port is feeding the rears

Nope, disc/drum Ford at that. but that doesn't solve your front issue. Look for front pin too long or pedal rod adjusted too long. That's about all it can be

I got a re-manufactured master cylinder for disc/drum and it had valves in front and rear for whatever reason. Recommend checking for and removing check valve for front discs.

attachment.jpg

I got a re-manufactured master cylinder for disc/drum and it had valves in front and rear for whatever reason. Recommend checking for and removing check valve for front discs.

View attachment 1163110

Another good reason to not buy reman.
Easy check for the valve, take a small pin/rod that will fit into hole of port and if it stops right away there's a valve in there if it goes in deep then there's no valve. A straightened out cotter pin works well

Sorry guys, had to go pick up pizza, I'm back.I will check out the front port and yes, it is both fronts.
You think it's a ford m/c? Leed Brakes is where I bought it from, 8" Dual Power Booster and 1" bore M/C, disk/disk. I don't have a p/valve on it, make a differance?

Sorry guys, had to go pick up pizza, I'm back.I will check out the front port and yes, it is both fronts.
You think it's a ford m/c? Leed Brakes is where I bought it from, 8" Dual Power Booster and 1" bore M/C, disk/disk. I don't have a p/valve on it, make a differance?

Leeds told you disc/disc? They're dumber then I thought
Should have gotten 1 1/8" master, 1" will be soft and travel very close to floor board

Don't really need a prop valve with 4 wheel disc

Auto Transport Service
Back