• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 hemi with 6 spd tranny swap

Carcrazyken

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone put a 5.7 or 6.1 in a b body with a 6 spd standard? I have a 73 cuda that I put a 5.7 in with a 727 so I am familiar wit the hemi swap. I have a 1967 gtx 440 4 spd car that I want to put a late model hemi and a 6 spd and I am wondering if the 6 spd tranny will be tough to make work, issues like shifter position and tunnel clearnce come to mind. any info would be greatly appreciated. Ken

look at my thread in members project under my 70 barn find...6.1 hemi with the tr6060 6 speed. your gonna do some cutting. im no expert but this is how i went about it. good luck with your build.

look at my thread in members project under my 70 barn find...6.1 hemi with the tr6060 6 speed. your gonna do some cutting. im no expert but this is how i went about it. good luck with your build.

X2 . . . Look at USARR's thread, he can show you how to pack 10 lbs. of STUFF in a 5 lb bag ! ! ! ! ( smile ) . . . and do it very nicely too ! ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back