• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 with Manual Trans

fredslast69

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Looking for any help or ideas, got the car most of the way together took it out for a drive and an having a problem with the motor stalling when you lift off the gas to down shift, slow to turn or stop. Some back ground on the car 2008 5.7 out of truck 17,000 miles, trans is a 5 speed kit from Keilsers the wiring and computer are from Hot Wire. I have talked to Hot Wire and sent the computer back once they made some adjustments but had little to no affect on problem. I noticed that if you push in the clutch and rev the motor just a bit it will not stall however this can be hard to do ever time you want to slow down. I have been told that the car will need a speed sensor but don't why or how that could help? Other than that the car runs very well good power starts runs and ideas smooth.

After 3 years of work building I am ready to start driving. Anybody got any ideas?

Speed sensor is for auto's only. Did Hotwire remove/turn off the automatic trans on the computer??? If so, how about trying a different throttle body.....have seen this happen once before and it was the tb.

I did not think the speed sensor was it. I had Hotwire set the computer up for the manual trans so I would say they turned off the auto trans. I will try the throttle body, I can pull the one off my truck so no cost just a little time.

Thanks I will post results.

Auto Transport Service
Back