• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

52 years later I'm looking to buy a Hemi Belvedere or GTX

I agree with Mopar drive train. But if we really want to "Keep it real?" Mopars have their own gremlins. Electrical, nobs, switches, trim, body panel rust areas. Even glass appeared to be more brittle. I Believe Ford has always had better steering and breaking components. I liked Chevy's Ball stud head design vs Mopar wedge rocker bar design. (Hemi of course excluded.) Just to name a few.

Who's the best? Well we are still arguing that question. Lol

I had the body squeaks and rattles said to me when my car was a couple of years old as fixing a rattle inside the door panel. He told me he didn't have those problems as his car had a body by Fisher. I told him that didn't make up for the 4 car lengths I beat him last night.

Looks real, but you do realize it has manual steering, manual drum brakes with a single master cylinder.
I would not recommend "driving the hell out of it" with that setup.
Oh and I hope they put a battery in it for that price...

20171109_094337.jpg

Here's my clone. Real 440 GTX, but 70 Superbee drive train. Automatic and Dana. Yours for 46K.

This one's on Moparts & it looks like a pretty complete driver. The price is certainly right.....

Original 1966 HEMI Coronet 500 with automatic trans, not a clone or put together car, this is the real deal, this is not my car, I am listing for a friend original red car with black bucket seat interior, very solid car not rusty at all, no rust in trunk floor, the paint is old and showing it's age, this car needs a new paint job, it needs the bumpers rechromed and detailing on the exterior chrome trim to be show condition, the motor runs good, no issues there. $48,500.00 (708)288-2879 Scott

parts%2066%20coronet%206-18-18%20018.JPG

parts%2066%20coronet%206-18-18%20013.JPG

parts%2066%20coronet%206-18-18%20017.JPG

Here's my clone. Real 440 GTX, but 70 Superbee drive train. Automatic and Dana. Yours for 46K.

Do you know the VIN on the '70 Bee Hemi? I know of one of the 32 that is missing its drivetrain.

Do you know the VIN on the '70 Bee Hemi? I know of one of the 32 that is missing its drivetrain.
I was told that the car itself was crushed. Upon Inspection of the drive train I found that the engine was all 70 Hemi parts other than the block which is Mopar Performance. I don't remember the VIN # on the transmission but the pan rail numbers indicated 70 440-6 or Hemi. I never checked date code on the Dana. Being that I was told the car was crushed it didn't really matter at the time. Next time I service it I can get most of the information that doesn't require taking things apart.

I have 3 1967 Hemi GTX's 2 are real Hemi GTX 4-speed cars. 1 is a real 440 GTX with a 70 Superbee Hemi, automatic, Dana 3:54 drive train. 66-67 B body's did not start rusting nearly as fast as the 68-70 cars. All of mine are driver quality cars, and the only one I'm considering selling is the clone car. According to what I understand the numbers to be, there were 45 67 Hemi GTX 4-speeds, and 63 Hemi GTX automatics. There must be another 50 to 75 clone cars out there that some are claiming to be real. Even with a build sheet it's hard to verify authenticity. If you're in the 75K range on budget you can find a real car, with an original drive train. Other things could have been changed over the years for maintenance reasons. On eBay right now there's a what appears to be the real thing in an automatic car for 57,500.00. That's a fair price for the car if its what he says. I will tell you, to not make a costly error look at the car in person and if you're not fully aware about the numbers and correctness of the car you have selected take someone with you that is. If you find something in the Southeast I'm willing to help within reason. PM me if you have some other things to talk about and we will exchange personal information.
just want to say Jerry a good guy to deal with , Thanks Uncle Jerry for the glass for my Belve

It's too bad this man does not want our 67 Belvedere CLONE car with the Newly built by Tony Depello, ( Hustlin Hemi fame ), 528 Hemi with 28' box trailer for $45,000. Too many new parts to list. everything fresh or new..

This one's on Moparts & it looks like a pretty complete driver. The price is certainly right.....

Original 1966 HEMI Coronet 500 with automatic trans, not a clone or put together car, this is the real deal, this is not my car, I am listing for a friend original red car with black bucket seat interior, very solid car not rusty at all, no rust in trunk floor, the paint is old and showing it's age, this car needs a new paint job, it needs the bumpers rechromed and detailing on the exterior chrome trim to be show condition, the motor runs good, no issues there. $48,500.00 (708)288-2879 Scott

parts%2066%20coronet%206-18-18%20018.JPG

parts%2066%20coronet%206-18-18%20013.JPG

parts%2066%20coronet%206-18-18%20017.JPG
I've seen this car. Actually can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Scotts friend has a warehouse with probably 30 cars in it, more than one Hemi car is tucked away there. He is retirement age and probably looking to thin the heard.

Propman, a FYI that I bought that yellow '66 Belvedere that you saw on line for sale in Ohio. It is a factory Hemi car, 4 speed. And yes, it was originally delivered at McPeek Plymouth, in Anaheim, CA.

20210310_062805.jpg

20220410_144454.jpg

20220423_162427 - side cropped.jpg

I understand that you don't want a clone, but consider this; If you buy a real Hemi car, will you be afraid to drive it?

I had a survivor 1970 GTX with original paint that I was terrified to drive in any kind of traffic for fear of a fender bender.

My point being, maybe not count out a nicely done clone, or a non matching numbers 4speed car that you can transplant a Hemi into. This way you can drive it like it was meant to be and have no fears.

Just my 2 cents speaking from experience. :)
It’s just a car, keep repeating that to yourself. Get a good insurance policy and go have fun. It might be different if it was a car you or a family member bought new, and you have a strong attachment to it that way. Even then just drive it. I had a survivor 6bbl 4 speed Superbird and I drove the tires off it. 6500 RPM in 4th gear quite often. The cars were overbuilt mechanically and you won’t hurt it. If by chance you do, anything can be fixed.

thanks Richard, I knew it was risky replying to a 4 year old post, but gave it a shot.

Auto Transport Service
Back