• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6.1 SRT dipstick

Gus chiggins

Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
I installed a 2005-2006 Chrysler 300 6.1 hemi dipstick tube in my '11 Dodge Charger RT. After installing headers the stock 5.7 dipstick could no longer bolt to the header flange. This one bolts to the valve cover. Enclosed pic is not my engine. It illustrates the dipstick tube location. Valve cover bolts 6507007AA, dipstick tube 5037660AB, nuts, 61047115AA. Double check part numbers. I thought this might help anybody doing a swap in a b body with headers, but then again you all might know this.

Screenshot_20221208_223323_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221206_115541_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am using a Holley dipstick in my 5.7 going into my 71 Charger. The dipstick was broken when I received the crate engine from JEGS (actually shipped directly from Mopar) so I ordered a new one but it would not work with the Holley pan very well (they specify a truck dipstick or theirs), so I ordered one of theirs just so I had a chance of it working.

I am using a Holley dipstick in my 5.7 going into my 71 Charger. The dipstick was broken when I received the crate engine from JEGS (actually shipped directly from Mopar) so I ordered a new one but it would not work with the Holley pan very well (they specify a truck dipstick or theirs), so I ordered one of theirs just so I had a chance of it working.
Oh, ok i did not know about the fitment issue with the holley pan.

Just a couple of questions. Is the holley sniper TBI a good system, and if an automatic (727) is utilized with any gen 3 hemi how is the line pressure achieved in the transmission? Thanks, and happy new year

As throttle body injection systems go I'd say that Holley is a good system. Personally I'd strive for a direct port injection system (fuel rails and injectors), they are much more efficient and versatile.

As to the 727, if you are using a cable operated TB then you would make up or buy a kick down system (linkage or more likely a cable).

Auto Transport Service
Back