• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6.4 Hemi / 8 speed auto swap

GeeWizz

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
Looking for any advice on doing a 6.4 Hemi with the 8 speed auto into a 1963 Polara. What problems did you have? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

DSC00425.JPG

Last edited:
Looking for any advice on doing a 6.4 Hemi with the 8 speed auto into a 1963 Polara. What problems did you have? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 1211492
I say go for it! I have a 64 belvedere with a 6,1 and a 8hp70 ZF. Love it! First off you need to talk to Russel Drake at Sound German, 425-503-9233 for plug and play!

Go for a cat if you’re going thru all the aggravation . Or go old school max wedge intake on 500 stroker or gen 2 hemi.. imo

I say go for it! I have a 64 belvedere with a 6,1 and a 8hp70 ZF. Love it! First off you need to talk to Russel Drake at Sound German, 425-503-9233 for plug and play!

Thanks for the contact for the plug and play. I'll give Russel a call. When you did the conversion did you run into any problems with clearance for the tranny inside the tunnel?

Go for a cat if you’re going thru all the aggravation . Or go old school max wedge intake on 500 stroker or gen 2 hemi.. imo

Love to drive my cars long distance. I'm hoping that after all the aggravation I'll end up with a finished Pro Touring Dodge that's fun to drive and dependable. Love Old School cars ...... if I was going to hang around town.

Auto Transport Service
Back