• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 Pack Hood on '67 Satellite?

67Satty

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the looks of a 6 Pack hood on a '67 Plymouth B body? Thinking about getting one from Unlimited Fiberglass. I like the RO hood scoop better but no one makes one already on a fiberglass hood ready to go.

Also, maybe the 6 Pack scoop is more effective? Thanks for any opinions you can give me.

http://www.up22.com/road68.htm#PL-124

Personally I prefer the RO scoop on a 67, I think the 6 pack scoop looks a bit out of place, but its just my opinion. I went with a fiberglass RO bolt on.

Yeah, I like the RO the best too. Where did you get yours? Did it come complete or did you have to graft the scoop to the hood? Thanks.

Can't remember exactly I'll have a look tonight, but I think all the RO scoops I have seen are bolt on scoops like from the factory, no grafting required. Mine had the studs imbedded in the glass, and came with nuts and washers, I replaced the nuts with nylon insert lock nuts after the first one came loose. It was a pretty simple install.

put the RO scoop on it. i had a six pack hood on my belvedere 1. my dad still has the car im trying to talk him into a ro scoop for it. mine was a us body source i think. nice hood.

IMG_8682.jpg

67-3_zps900ec81f.jpg

67-2_zps044715bb.jpg

Personally I prefer the RO scoop on a 67, I think the 6 pack scoop looks a bit out of place, but its just my opinion. I went with a fiberglass RO bolt on.

I agree the RO scoop just looks wicked on them. Ron

I think I will go with the 5" tall one instead of the stock 3" tall one. Seems like it might be more functional that way.

with either the 6 Pack/6bbl hood or RO bolt on style S/S hood scoop, I would highly suggest you make a pan that fits around the carb top,under the air cleaner element & wider than the air cleaner element, about the size & shape of the scoop or hole you cutt, but a couple inches bigger all around to seal on a flatter surface & then use some high density foam rubber & glue it to the pan, that will help seal it to the hood, to make it truely ram air effect & fresh cool air, that way you don't have any or at least much less under hood heat, going thru the carb & will also help a bunch...

- - - Updated - - -

unless it's going to "just be the air cleaner sticking thru the hood" under a RO scoop, than just ignore what I just wrote...

put the RO scoop on it. i had a six pack hood on my belvedere 1. my dad still has the car im trying to talk him into a ro scoop for it. mine was a us body source i think. nice hood.

67-2_zps044715bb.jpg

That really looks great with that one!

6 pack scoop does not look good at all on a 67. RO scoop only for that car.

That really looks great with that one!

thanks, was an all original paint / interior / slant six car when i got it. now its just an original paint / interior car.. still sporting a spare tire and jack that have never even been out of the trunk. decided it was just to nice of a car for my hemi and a mini tub. :angel11:

Period correct RO looks better, Like it belongs there. I like the 5 inch more as well. It looks more funcional.

Put on what YOU like. Forget what any one else thinks including me because I prefer a flat hood!:thumbsup:

Put on what YOU like. Forget what any one else thinks including me because I prefer a flat hood!:thumbsup:

The ROs are my favorite for a '66-'67 Plymouth B Body. I was just thinking about compromising with a 6 Pack hood since I can get one as one piece but now I think I will take the extra time to get it exactly how I like it.

I have the 6pak hood, as it breaths very well, was all one piece, and only weighed 19 lbs. even after paint. Jerry Horn

I have the 6pak hood, as it breaths very well, was all one piece, and only weighed 19 lbs. even after paint. Jerry Horn

Jerry you should post some photos here & even maybe put you F3 painted Drag Car/66 Satellite w/6bbl hood in your Avatar, it's cool as hell & more appropriate for the B-Body forum.. I like the 36 Coupe still thou... just a thought

Just changed "Avatar". What is wrong with computer people who dream up these names. What is wrong with the word "picture"? anyway it is a good suggestion. I have changed it. The 39 was the only one I had that would fit the numbers they listed. What ever they stand for. I guess ya all can tell I am old and set in the old school ways. 60 and counting and can still run a 5K in 24 minutes! Jerry

Auto Transport Service
Back