• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 pack on a '67 440

The ModMan intake is a viable single plane intake if my dual plane is not up to the job.
I think Indy sells the ModMan for around $399. Not as "sexy" as the Weiand, the Weiand actually had me so intrigued I was losing sleep thinking about getting one.

I was REALLY tempted to go to the Weiand "back in the day". If the published "fixes" really worked, I'm sure that would be fabulous with your carbs. With a big motor, the OEM may not supply the air. Pretty sure the Weiand would. They also have the "wow" factor.
Yeah, well the first thing I'm going to check now, after I inspect the condition of it in person once it's delivered Thursday, is whether or not the guy who posted and then posted in reply to my concern is that the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake does, in fact, fit under the hood of my 70 Roadrunner! Then I have to see how much "trimming" (as he described it) of my underhood air box for the Air Grabber has to be done. I also bought a A12 base, hood seal, and top if I need a hybrid Air Grabber setup.
In other words, I bought a Weiand! :bananadance:
IMG952020012595105337.jpg
IMG952020012595105239.jpg

At some point, once it's tweaked and crankin' out the torque and horsepower, I'd like it to look like this (minus the carb spacers)
100_1215.jpg
100_1216.jpg

:bananadance::bananaweed::carrot::luvplace:

It's been quite a while since I had my OEM A 12 setup, my recollection is the A 12 air cleaner base was pretty flat, think my '70 or '71 air bases were more "drop style". Could be wrong.

It's been quite a while since I had my OEM A 12 setup, my recollection is the A 12 air cleaner base was pretty flat, think my '70 or '71 air bases were more "drop style". Could be wrong.
The A12 setup offered by a FBBO forum member was just too well timed and priced for me to ignore. I haven't even opened the box yet, he could have shipped me dirty underwear...lol.
Call it "Cosmic Karma" was calling me.
If I don't need it, I'll pass the deal along.
Ordered my Calvert split mono leaf springs and sliders, and Assassin traction bars today...Getting closer to hitting the 1320 again, and it's been a LONG time, because my launch/60 ft times were THAT bad, and I knew I needed parts for it to get better, brakes and front suspension for it to be SAFE.

yes on the 69.5's they were flat
this is a reproduction fiberglass for example on an A12 hood
on my low-deck block 6bbl
68 RR #30 A-12 6bbl pan & fresh air air-cleaner w-phenolic spacers.JPG

the later 6bbl Air Cleaner bases cold air N96 & reg. have a drop base
68 RR LL1 Clear #2.JPG

sorry for the shitty photos/examples

Thanks Budnicks and all of you.
The Weiand is enroute. Life and work are going to get in the way of me installing it right away, but I'll start with the tape measure, and if that doesn't immediately put the brakes on, I'll install it and go from there. Intake, close hood and look. Then add carbs, then air cleaner.
If that's all good, then the N96 airbox is the final step, which I've been assured in two posts will fit "with trimming". That is when the A12 may play a part.

the later 6bbl Air Cleaner bases cold air N96 & reg. have a drop base
That drop base may be a critical few inches that make the difference between a "go" and a "no go". OTOH, the A12 may reach the hood w/the rubber seal and eliminate the airbox...
It will be interesting...

Auto Transport Service
Back