• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 pak carbs rebuilt

Joe D

Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
has any other 6 pak guys use Phil Fish he has just completed my carbs. looking forward to getting them back on my car. he assured me they will work better than the 4bbl. im using now.
017.JPG

Phil did a six pack setup for my Brother in laws 70 Challenger is starts idles and runs great. He also did a set of crossram carbs for me that start and idle fine just working on the final tuneup.

has any other 6 pak guys use Phil Fish he has just completed my carbs. looking forward to getting them back on my car. he assured me they will work better than the 4bbl. im using now.View attachment 629559
Mind if I ask how much you coughed up for the rebuild? I had a shop when I was wanting get mine rebuilt - a well known Mopar guy in MN - almost had a coronary when he said $600. I said $200 a carb for,those carbs is ridiculous. Had a friend do them for free. Seem to run well. But I’m curious what another well know builder would charge - if you don’t mind.

Well maybe that’s the going rate for well knowns to do the six pack carbs. Who am I to question - I couldn’t do it myself. Hope they run wild for you...

HE SAID THEY WILL ILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET THEM BACK ON THE CAR

Had Phil do mine a couple years ago. I was disappointed with the results and had to retune them all over again. Phil is a great and knowledgeable guy and just being able to call and ask him questions is a great help. The reason I sent him the carbs was because I couldn’t get rid of the hesitation off idle. When I got them back it was worse. When I ask him about it he said it’s supposed to be that way. (Not acceptable to me). I just don’t see how you can properly tune a carb with out running it on the engine. After that I tried Promax parts and that was an even bigger disappointment. But that’s a story for another day.
Long story short... I spent that summer tuning and learning and learning and tuning and car runs fanfrickintastic ever since with zero hesitation or problems. I don’t think a six pack will outperform a properly sized four barrel, but it is a cool setup and a fun car to drive.
Hope you have a better experience and all goes smooth for you.

Phil helped me early on with my 70 V-code Roadrunner (71 440) on the phone and via emails. I have also had questions answered by :lowdown: Bob Karakashian aka Mr. 6 pack and he's great.
After reading a lot of positive reviews for Promax I recently sent all 3 of my 2 bbl carbs to them for around $750 worth of Promax parts to be installed and all 3 rebuilt while they had them. Part of that cost is their braided stainless steel upper and lower fuel lines, AN fittings and inline fuel filter and pressure gauge.
My carbs didn't hesitate or bog, ever, but I felt like they could do more. I will need the jetting ease and advanced center carb metering block when I install them on my future stroker motor, but I believe that I will see an improvement on my current mill.
If they don't work out I'll sell them and go with the FiTech 3 x 2bbl system.
I expect that the carbs are going to be great though. JMO
I will post up my experience once I get them back.

Had mine rebuilt by Phil Fish !!! ( I bought them from him about 15+ years ago) Out standing service and always willing to talk and give Good Tect. Advice over the phone. He is the Best In my book. Installed and just adjusted the idle and just put over 800 miles Mass to Carlisle in July
32712364_1913698055320676_6083932010710040576_n.jpg

Mind if I ask how much you coughed up for the rebuild? I had a shop when I was wanting get mine rebuilt - a well known Mopar guy in MN - almost had a coronary when he said $600. I said $200 a carb for,those carbs is ridiculous. Had a friend do them for free. Seem to run well. But I’m curious what another well know builder would charge - if you don’t mind.

Have you checked the price for new, non original six pack carburetors? Holley is very, very, very proud of those 2 bbls. Over $1620 just for three two barrel carburetors. I think $600 for a rebuild is a steal.

we are going to install everything next week. phil said he would talk us through adjusting the carbs and any other things that pop up.

32602593_1664892756909825_8191468013271121920_n.jpg
e are going to install everything next week. phil said he would talk us through adjusting the carbs and any other things that pop up.
You Made a real Good Choice !!!! He had to Tell My Engine builder How to Adjust them !!!!!!! I just put over 800 MILES from Mass to Carlisle PA. in July Ran Great !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back