• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62’ Dash Clock Power

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Recently bought a replacement dash cluster for my 62 that has the clock. I have taken it all apart to begin restoring it and have a question on powering the clock. First does the clock run on straight 12volt? It doesn’t seem to get its power from the reduced voltage circuit board. It has a single terminal on the rear and I assume grounds to the rest of the cluster?

Clock should be direct 12 volts. FSM should show you where it is sourced from.

Sourced from terminal on amp gauge with red wire on it. Has to be key-off 12V. power. Another place is back of cigarette lighter.

Thanks guys. Kind of figured it must go direct since it had a separate power terminal, but wanted to be sure. Amp gage is powered from the circuit board so it only gets 5 volts.
Another question - does anyone know how the clock itself is wired? When I took it apart it looked like a wire that spanned both sides of the coil had blown. It “appears” that power from the terminal crossed over the coil to the far side where it was soldered to one end of the coil wire with the other end of the coil wire being soldered to the opposite (inside). Does this sound right?

Auto Transport Service
Back