• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-65 Car show

Well guys,,A few pages back there were photos when we were building this car.It is finally done and driving.Took my brother 10 years to complete.He got to drive it twice and racked up 122 miles.2 weeks ago he passed away suddenly at 65 years young.I went back for the funeral,we drove the car leading the hearse to his final resting spot.He always wanted a Hemi car from way back when he was a gas station attendant at 15 when a 66 black Hemi Charger pulled in for gas.I'm glad he got his dream,,makes you think,,go for it before it's too late....

View attachment 392882 View attachment 392883 View attachment 392884 View attachment 392885

Really sorry to hear about your brother Darter6. Glad he got the car done and was able to put a few miles on it. Few too many but he got a few. Very nice car too. Prayer to you and the family.

makes you think,,go for it before it's too late....

Sorry to hear about your brother, Darter. 65 is WAY too young. I follow this advice more and more as I age - one of the reasons I took the plunge on buying my Hemi Satellite in October.

Do you know what color the Coronet is? Factory or custom? I keep leaning towards a really dark blue for my 65.
I just realized you asked me a question Riverdawg. The car is coded EE1 Dark Blue poly but when doing some touchup the NAPA paint gun codes it as a 79 Ford Dark blue. Same as what would have been on the Tbirds that year. There is quite a bit of metallic in it as well. It is actually a nice colour.

Inside Picture?
IMG_20161009_134307.jpg
IMG_20161009_134352.jpg

Well guys,,A few pages back there were photos when we were building this car.It is finally done and driving.Took my brother 10 years to complete.He got to drive it twice and racked up 122 miles.2 weeks ago he passed away suddenly at 65 years young.I went back for the funeral,we drove the car leading the hearse to his final resting spot.He always wanted a Hemi car from way back when he was a gas station attendant at 15 when a 66 black Hemi Charger pulled in for gas.I'm glad he got his dream,,makes you think,,go for it before it's too late....

View attachment 392882 View attachment 392883 View attachment 392884 View attachment 392885
Sorry to hear of your loss. He fulfilled his dream.

Thanks Mike,He worked at a body shop doing heavy collision.All the guys at work said "The tool men will sure miss Steve."He was a tool junky and bought everything the vendors carried in the shop.I check with them about his accounts,all said "He paid cash in full."

I just realized you asked me a question Riverdawg. The car is coded EE1 Dark Blue poly but when doing some touchup the NAPA paint gun codes it as a 79 Ford Dark blue. Same as what would have been on the Tbirds that year. There is quite a bit of metallic in it as well. It is actually a nice colour.

Hey thanks for the info. No worries, I forgot that I asked the question. :lol: Memory isn't holding up as well as it used too, LOL.

I don't think I ever posted these photos here yet. A friend is doing a 64 Sport Fury. I don't have any latest photos but these were taken late last fall. He is getting pretty close and it should be ready to debut this spring. Early on I found some original wheel covers. I can't remember who I got them from. Thanks to Shorthorse for helping with some headlight eyebrows last week. Joe took out the Poly and replaced it with a 440 with Fi tech injection. He is doing all the work himself except for the prep and paint. He doesn't have internet or a computer at home so he's not a member here. Looks like it's going to be a pretty one when done. tmm

View attachment 389628 View attachment 389629 View attachment 389630 View attachment 389631 View attachment 389632 View attachment 389633
Here's some almost complete photos of my buddy Joe's Sport Fury. It's looking good.
2017013195180331.jpg
2016122895181913.jpg
2017013195180428.jpg
2017013195180051.jpg

Original paint, original interior, 440 with a cross ram. Pic 1 traditional ride height. Pics 2 & 3 show dropped ride height...wanted to see how it looked. Went back to traditional ride height.

3.JPG P1040511.JPG 2.JPG P1040508.JPG

Last edited:
^^^ The boxie "B's" look better at the standard ride height. Fine looking automobile you got there !!

thunder, that white Belvedere looks familiar..... a very close association.
let's get that 65 in gear
& yes, Damn That's a a beautiful car

Auto Transport Service
Back