• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-65 Car show

Glenn - thought you had told me eons ago at a show we were at your '63 383 was actually an original 426 car?
Yes that was my first Sport Fury , I sold it in 02 and just read here that it might have been a total loss in the wild fires in Napa! My current Sport Fury has my old 383 and 4 speed from my first car before I knew it was a real 426 car, it is also white with red and white interior. So Its like I still have my first Sport Fury before I knew it was a real max wedge car!

I put the Satellite into hibernation yesterday. Since I pilfered the front wheels/tires off the Belvedere for the Satellite, I decided to throw the Satellite's front wheels/tires on the Belvedere. The power steering of the Belvedere should be able to handle the 255 tires a lot better than the manual steering Satellite. I think it looks pretty good with those meats on there.

View attachment 535434
Looks Great Dave!! It appears that old Girl is in some pretty Cool Company!! Nice Building!
Thunder

Wow Glenn, sold it on '02...how time flies. I got mine in '95 and remember seeing you at some car shows and one time on a snow coated morning at the old bone yard in Waupun. We were the only people out there and I had myself crammed under the dash of an old Plymouth taking out the heater valve when you walked up; startled me as it was a little spooky out there among all those old cars staring back! That yard was quite the place back when, a gold mine but already well picked over even by the time I started picking. I regret not picking some stuff I could have though.

Thanks, Tom! Steve - that's my buddy's building and his other cars. The fin car is his '59 Belvedere with a Poly. He also has a '67 Monaco with a 383 and a '70 Cuda with a 440. So my cars are in good company! I finally got my daughter to admit she wants the Belvedere, so I'm not going to sell it. Not sure what it's future is with her living in an apartment in Chicago!
Here are a few more pics. My buddy is getting ready to put his Cuda back to original. That means pulling off the Ramchargers fiberglass frontend he put on it in the late '70s and putting on new AMD fenders and the original steel hood. He'll also repaint it the original FK5 Deep Burnt Orange.

One last fill-up for the Hemi for the year.
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1101.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg

Thanks, Tom! Steve - that's my buddy's building and his other cars. The fin car is his '59 Belvedere with a Poly. He also has a '67 Monaco with a 383 and a '70 Cuda with a 440. So my cars are in good company! I finally got my daughter to admit she wants the Belvedere, so I'm not going to sell it. Not sure what it's future is with her living in an apartment in Chicago!
Here are a few more pics. My buddy is getting ready to put his Cuda back to original. That means pulling off the Ramchargers fiberglass frontend he put on it in the late '70s and putting on new AMD fenders and the original steel hood. He'll also repaint it the original FK5 Deep Burnt Orange.

One last fill-up for the Hemi for the year.
View attachment 535719 View attachment 535720 View attachment 535721 View attachment 535722
Dave, OH to have the dilema that you have !! Looking again at your Hemi. Restore it or leave it original as you found it. It will cost a lot to restore it in time and money, and will be worth a lot when it is done--or --how many cars like that one do you see being driven and enjoyed, every day if you want to. Only original once, and it has a good story. Not costing much more than gas money to really enjoy it. I know you have to get a kick out of showing that engine to an un-expecting viewer--what a surprise ! If it does not have rust holes into the passenger compartment ( noise, fumes, dust, and mud) I believe I would leave it as is.
Your bud has some great cars, I really like the 59 Plymouth, I am a finned Mopar fan. My last car was a 1956 Chrysler 2 dr hdtp, with a 354 Hemi. I had it for 11 years and now it is in England. ................................MO

Yeah, Steve, it is a lot of fun to see people walk past it at a show thinking it's just a rusty old Mopar, then stop cold when they get a glimpse of the elephant under the hood. The underside is solid and no holes letting exhaust in, etc... It's an easy decision to leave it be for now - money not available for a restoration! I do have a pair of decent fenders and a nice trunk lid that I've accumulated so far depending on what happens in the future. If I come across a set of nice doors for a reasonable price, I'll snag those, too. I've recently come to the conclusion that the whole car may have been repainted a long time ago. I knew at least the driver's fender and the cowl were repainted, but the light hit the trunk gutters just right the other day and now I'm sure the back end of the car was repainted, too. It all seems to match which makes me think it all could have been repainted at one time. So maybe it shouldn't be considered a survivor, but I see it as all original except for a possible repaint.

I like the fin cars a lot, too!

Bygone days. Ever wish you could go back? I do.

Had to have been more than 30 years ago, now. Curious if anybody knows anything?
Munster, Texas...had to drive through it a few times, going to the boss's horse ranch. The building is still there, but empty now. Old style car dealership, showroom, service bays. Had to stop, but it was on a Sunday, so nobody around.
Looking in the windows...wall to wall Dodges and Plymouths...most were 62-64 models. Too many hood scoops to count. That place was crammed full.

Seeing old movies or videos from late 50s and 60s you sure saw the variety of cars. You could tell what make it was from 50 yards or more. Now it's a stretch from 50 feet. 1957 in my pin was a total breakout in design always thought fins were cool too. With my 63 ply lots of people are so curious were the shifter is or the oldsters showing their kids or grandkids the pushbuttons telling them they had a car with them back when. Old mopars are a work of art.

On a related note to my post above, one time at a show a nice looking young gal asked to sit in the car and when she did she asked where the gear shift was. I told her transmissions were an option back then this car doesn't have and she was dumbfounded asking how do you drive this car then? I said you have to lurch yourself forward to nudge the car to move and then it goes, all the while she's searching high and low for a shift lever. Finally fessed up and she was still confused staring at the buttons asking how they work!

On a related note to my post above, one time at a show a nice looking young gal asked to sit in the car and when she did she asked where the gear shift was. I told her transmissions were an option back then this car doesn't have and she was dumbfounded asking how do you drive this car then? I said you have to lurch yourself forward to nudge the car to move and then it goes, all the while she's searching high and low for a shift lever. Finally fessed up and she was still confused staring at the buttons asking how they work!

LOL Ron! When I worked at the Ford dealership, we had a Pontiac traded in that had a steering column shift but they had changed out the bowl on the column where the gear shift attached with one from a floor mounted shift car - you could turn it with your hands to shift the automatic trans and the indicator in the instrument cluster registered the shift. Just looking at this one, like yours, how to shift the thing was not apparent at all - the only car I've seen that someone did that to.

Speaking of Pontiac the 61 or 62 tempest had an unusual little shifter on the dash board sort of like Chrysler had in 55 year before they brought out button shift. Ford had buttons in the merc and edsel wow someone had the weird idea of putting them on the friggin steering wheel!

I'm sure I posted this sometime but Facebook reminded me about it. "The first super stock to run in the 10's" I never met Chuck Ostrich but I did meet Gary his son who drove their cars. Lots of cool stuff came out of Gary's shop.
gary ostrich 2.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back