• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-65 Car show

Found this one in Colorado...Florida is it's new home.
Rooty side.jpgRooty side 1.jpgRooty Side 2 .jpg

27602848e10526a68a0744f3ad5c5e24.jpg

Just got my 64 383 4spd rust free all original matching numbers survivor out of the shop today. It's been there all summer. Complete new wiring, alternator rebuild, master cylinder, fuel tank and line and pump. Tuneup, oil change carb rebuild new drum brakes and added leaf spring. Now to install my new original style red and white interior from ProFit interiors in Oxford. AL. Then the big decision....Tires and wheels. Leaning toward 16 on front and 17 on rear American original Torque Thrusts.
But......nobody makes white letter tires bigger than 15 and I like that old school look. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sweet car!!! On one of the TV shows recently I believe they had some tire customizing product, like 3m stick on lettering. Not sure but try google.

Nice 64 plymouths but early b bodies do not look good with white letter tires on them but that's just my opinion the bigger wheels don't bother me but thumbs down on white letters for me

- - - Updated - - -

I just prefer the old school look like they were back in the day i try to stay as period correct as possible

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not into the Ramchargers race car look. More into the street racer sleeper thing. These 15 inch white letters appeal to me.
f4735378467489c72addf87cf4df7eeb.jpg
43ea3a46e2f5573a51c28bf2cc84da6b.jpg

Anybody have any suggestions?

Survivor = don't screw with it. The spinner caps look great, why not leave them? If you must, go with original dog dish & 15" wheels. Save the big wheels for late models. Of course do what you want, unless you want to please a committee, I'm sure I'm in the minority on my opinion.

No, I see what you mean 396 Signet. Where do you buy 15 steel wheels and dog dishes?

4dc1df2a338f72c1775cdf3983d2baad.jpg

Then there is the option of keeping 14 wheels and spinner caps with red line radials.
Cannot find a pic of that.

No, I see what you mean 396 Signet. Where do you buy 15 steel wheels and dog dishes?

Early dog dishes are not hard to find, I found a set of NOS ones last year for $125 at a swap meet. They are on ebay a lot but some of those guys think they are made of gold. Finding 15" wheels that fit the early 10" dog dishes can be a problem but later wheels that fit 9" caps can be easily modified to fit the early caps. The 14" redlines can be found but they are way pricey. Please show a pic of your 2-tone interior when done, the '64 sport fury buckets are easily the coolest looking of all the early B's IMO. This is what I did with mine, a '65 Sat 383 4-sp rust-free survivor similar to yours. I would have kept the 14's & spinner caps but the 15's work out better for driving & tires are much easier & cheaper to find-
temp 03.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back