• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-72 B body Brakes

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Looking at various B bodies it appears that you could have either 10" or 11" front drums. What determined whether you got 10" or 11"?

10" were standard on /6 and non-hp cars. Cars optioned with tow package or performance cars got the 11" brakes and some cars just got optioned with the 11" ones.

10" were standard on /6 and non-hp cars. Cars optioned with tow package or performance cars got the 11" brakes and some cars just got optioned with the 11" ones.

so lets say , my 67 Coronet RT should have 11' front and rear drums?

Yes. I did a disc conversion for a guy that had a 67 R/T. 11x3 front drums were on his.
Not sure if the rears were 11x2 1/2 or not.I'm pretty sure they weren't 3'' but 11'' on the rear too.

Yes. I did a disc conversion for a guy that had a 67 R/T. 11x3 front drums were on his.
Not sure if the rears were 11x2 1/2 or not.I'm pretty sure they weren't 3'' but 11'' on the rear too.

ill be ditching them when i get started on it and switch to disc

I'm working on a 70 and 71 GTXs both with the 11x3 drums. The 70 is getting 4-wh disc but the 71 is keeping the drums.
I sold the last two 11x3 setups for 160.00ea a few years ago.

Bought a Dana out of a 67GTX 11" X 3" rear drums. Guy was parting it out.

I thought that only Imperials and C-bodies got the 11x3 rears. I'll check my FPM when I get a chance.

I've had several Dana cars in the shop and they had 11x2.5 with drums up front and 10x2.5 rears with disc up front. Just what I've seen.

My 66 Satellite 11" X 2.5" thought that was unusual on the 67. This was in 1984. The rear had been apart to put 4.56's in, can't swear somebody didn't switch them. The guys that did gears change were hackers howled on coast.

So wheres the line for HP cars? 383 is HP? 4 bbl cars HP?

Lots of the 383 cars had 10" drums standard. R/T option gave you the 11" brakes.

Auto Transport Service
Back