• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Dodge 4dr to 2dr swap

Sedanman

Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I was junk yard shopping in Racine WI and found a 62 dodge 2dr that would be good for a donor to change a 4dr into a 2 dr. I don't think he'll want5 much for it. It is missing most of the exterior trim and hood. I will get some pics when I go back next week. It's a 62 Polara 440 but has a 318 wide block in it.

A guy in southern california has been converting 4 door Mopars into 2 doors (1963-65) for a few years. He then sells the rollers for 5-7k. He advertises in Hemmings Motor News all the time.

A guy in southern california has been converting 4 door Mopars into 2 doors (1963-65) for a few years. He then sells the rollers for 5-7k. He advertises in Hemmings Motor News all the time.
That sounds awesome what a good idea.

Must be a 440 as Polara 500 came with 361 in 1962 afaik.
Sounds good ,yes pics would be nice.

I'll get some pics and the vin when I go back. They took all of the emblems off so I can't Id it visually. It does have 5 or so single trim strips on the back of the rear 1/4's that go top to bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

I know in order to swap from 2-4 door you need a rusty 2 dr donor

The basic process is: You take everything out, drill/grind out the welds on the top and bottom of the 4-door B pillar where it connects to floor and roof. Do the same on the 2-door, and pull out the B pillars plus cut the side sheet metal back aways to come with them. Put them in the 4-door; the 2-door alignment holes ought to be there as well as the 4-door ones. Weld up the sheet metal (easier said than done if you have not done sheet metal welds). Do it all with the 2-door doors hung in place on the 4 door chassis to help line things up. Of course it is easier to just start with a good 2 door.....

One of these days, the 4-doors are going to be the rare ones!

Auto Transport Service
Back