• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Inner Fender Part ID help!?

katmachine62

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I please need some help identifying the correct name of the plates that screw to the inner fender walls, from inside the wheel wells of my 62 Dart!?... As per my pics, I am missing the one on the Passenger side and the brake line routes through there currently (I assume this is normal?)
If I can identify the part name I was wondering if I can find a replacement plate to fit there... Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

Those holes get a rubber cover. The lines do fit with the cover. The holes are wrench access to the alignment cams.
Mike

Those holes get a rubber cover. The lines do fit with the cover. The holes are wrench access to the alignment cams.
Mike
Fair enough... The other 3 I have a steel plates, so is this one the only rubber one? Also, any idea on the correct, exact terminology, so I can search for a potential replacement part?

Fair enough... The other 3 I have a steel plates, so is this one the only rubber one? Also, any idea on the correct, exact terminology, so I can search for a potential replacement part?
To be fair on my end-I don't know for sure if they're not all steel. I never owned a 62. Just guessing from the covers on my 63 and 2-65s. I never have/will never "restore" a car. I made my own covers from aluminum for my 65 Belvedere. I even used rivet nuts to retain them, never did enjoy scratching my hands on those sheet metal screws the factory used.
Mike
IMG_2748.JPG

To be fair on my end-I don't know for sure if they're not all steel. I never owned a 62. Just guessing from the covers on my 63 and 2-65s. I never have/will never "restore" a car. I made my own covers from aluminum for my 65 Belvedere. I even used rivet nuts to retain them, never did enjoy scratching my hands on those sheet metal screws the factory used.
Mike
View attachment 1657797
Sounds good, mine might well be aluminum too, I'll check and maybe fabricate something to suit

Back