• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Polara grill suround trim molding

BobZ62Polara

Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
Please bare with me, having trouble figuring out how to post.
I have a 62 Polara and want to remove the stainless mounding around the grill. I tried femoving from the outside and got the top corner piece off but the rest won't come. Tried removing the underlining support bracket that includes the high beam headlights but there Is a bolt behind the headlights I can't get to.
Any Ideas or any special tools.
Thanks, BobZ

75415913-770-0@2X.jpg

The bottom center small piece is held on by 1 clip with a nut on the back, take it off.

The 2 long lower sections are held on by clips that are hefty, iirc I put a flathead scraper under it, flathead screwdriver makes it too easy to damage trim, and used a tiny needle nose pliers to squeeze the clip to release it.

I have a wall hanger in my house, backside pic.

20231118_000015.jpg

This pic might be better, if you can get behind you can squeeze/push the clips from the back.

20231118_000516.jpg

Thanks, do you use the pliers from the back side or underneath the mounding? Are you using any special type of pliers? I tried and tried and couldn't get a grip on the clips.
Thanks for your reply.
BobZ

Thanks, do you use the pliers from the back side or underneath the mounding? Are you using any special type of pliers? I tried and tried and couldn't get a grip on the clips.
Thanks for your reply.
BobZ

Look through my thread on this. I've listed the different clips so you can see what you're dealing with. The small center piece is held on with a nut. Remove this first.

Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence

Auto Transport Service
Back