• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Polara sun visor question.....

62maxx

Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I just ordered a set of visors from Classic Industries along with the "plastic sun visor tips". Once inserted into the visor and the other end snapped into the rear view mirror housing, is that the ONLY thing holding these visors in place? I tried to find pics but nope.

Thanks. :poke:

Hello,

I just ordered a set of visors from Classic Industries along with the "plastic sun visor tips". Once inserted into the visor and the other end snapped into the rear view mirror housing, is that the ONLY thing holding these visors in place? I tried to find pics but nope.

Don't you think the 3 screws at the pivot contribute to retention?
Mike

Hello,

Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence

Don't you think the 3 screws at the pivot contribute to retention?
Mike
I should have explained more in depth. The original wooden headliner in my 62 shows no previous triangular mounting holes so, that's why I asked. It had no visors when I bought it. The 3rd pic shows the Classic Industries visors with no mounting accessories as opposed to my 70 Challenger visors (pic 4) and most every other Mopar. Plus if I do try to mount something like the triangular version, it will go thru the particle board and rip off the headliner since there are no "mounting plates" behind it and after that, is the roof. This is what I'm trying to figure out.
Thanks

62 visor1.jpg

62visor2.jpg

62visor4.jpg

62visor3.jpg

I just saw KHRYSLERKID'S link post of some great pics. I guess I gotta look behind that fiber board to see what's behind there to fasten the triangular mount to. I was "assuming" it was the fiber board then the metal roof.
Thanks!

I just saw KHRYSLERKID'S link post of some great pics. I guess I gotta look behind that fiber board to see what's behind there to fasten the triangular mount to. I was "assuming" it was the fiber board then the metal roof.
Thanks!

These pics aren't in my build thread. Might give you an idea where to look.
Screenshot_20240219_195153_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240219_195132_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240219_195050_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240219_194913_Gallery.jpg

Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence
Hey Man, That photo tutorial is fantastic! I never knew about this "taking up new residence" on here. Looks like your car was made around 40 days earlier than mine looking at your door panel stamp. BTW, do you have any info on how to replace the vent window wing seals? Can it be done without removing the whole glass etc?

Thanks!

62 inside inner door panel date stamp.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back