• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sun visor install on my Polara

md71631

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
I bought the car with the sun visors in a box. I stripped the mechanicals and got a new set of sun visors here with the plastic ends coming. The headliner is already installed and I have no idea how to put the sun visors back on. Any help would be appreciated along with a pic or two.... I like pictures.....

The visors.... I hope whoever installed the head liner inserted the mount screws in each hole a few turns before the liner went in.
If they did you should be able to feel around the area for the heads, make a tiny slit/ hole to pop the screw heads through.

If no screw heads are present find the aprox 1/2" hole the tension spring for the visor arm fits into.
Hold that arm up in the correct position and use a pencil ect to make a tiny mark at each of the 3 hole positions. A very small slit to fit the spring through. You should be able to use your finger tip to locate each of the 3 screw holes .A small sharp awl to make the hole in the liner.

Not sure what year of Polara you have. If the visors clip into the mirror base swing them to the center, clip both visors in hold the mirror up on the header use a light pencil mark to fix a position. Feel around forward and back for the mounting holes.
Good luck, I hope the head liner was installed by someone that put all those screws in before the liner went up.

The visors.... I hope whoever installed the head liner inserted the mount screws in each hole a few turns before the liner went in.
If they did you should be able to feel around the area for the heads, make a tiny slit/ hole to pop the screw heads through.

If no screw heads are present find the aprox 1/2" hole the tension spring for the visor arm fits into.
Hold that arm up in the correct position and use a pencil ect to make a tiny mark at each of the 3 hole positions. A very small slit to fit the spring through. You should be able to use your finger tip to locate each of the 3 screw holes .A small sharp awl to make the hole in the liner.

Not sure what year of Polara you have. If the visors clip into the mirror base swing them to the center, clip both visors in hold the mirror up on the header use a light pencil mark to fix a position. Feel around forward and back for the mounting holes.
Good luck, I hope the head liner was installed by someone that put all those screws in before the liner went up.

If I were a betting man I am thinking they did not put the screw heads in...... it's a 64 car..... I will have to go on a look and see mission.... the ends do go into the mirror and I ordered new plastic ends from YearOne.... when they get here I will get with it.... thank you for the info....

Got projects going on in the engine bay and the trunk..... bringing some civilization to the beast..... Dynamat in the trunk of course I did not order enough..... FedEx and UPS trucks fighting to get up the driveway..... :thumbsup:
IMG_1444.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back