• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Sun Visors Interchange?

matthon

Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
62 Dart, needs sun visors.

I bought new white ones for my 64, installed for like a week using the existing brackets.

Needed some for my 62, white, expensive, so I bought a used set that matched the 64 interior but not the white headliner.
Those came from a 65, included everything, installed no problem in the 64.

Went to put the white ones in the 62, do not fit at all, either one, either side.

62 and 64 have the same triangular mount, but switched around.
If you flip it, it's not going to work either.
The 3 holes don't line up, ever.

Anyone else encounter this problem, or know if the visor arms are 62 specific?

20220711_204319.jpg

20220711_204205.jpg

20220711_203943.jpg

20220711_203900.jpg

20220711_204603.jpg

'62 & '63 have a different windshield & surrounding framework shape than '64-'65.
Never tried swapping visors between the 2 designs, but that's likely the problem.

A quick search and I found this clown who parted a 62 Dart, and what do I see in the pics?
The correct 62 visor arms.
Best part, free with free shipping.
Into the Evaporust bath they go.

FOR SALE - 1962 Dart Polara Parts

Turns out those sun visor arms do not fit either.
I'm thinking I'm dumber than I originally thought.
I think I saved the parts car visor arms, which didn't have the visors on them, and although they are different from the 64 arms, they still don't fit.
I either tossed the original visors or they were not there at all.
I recall tossing a set of visors because they were so rusted and shot they wouldn't even come apart, possibly what I need now, who knows.

Either way, I still need a set of 62 visor arms.

Turns out those sun visor arms do not fit either.
I'm thinking I'm dumber than I originally thought.
I think I saved the parts car visor arms, which didn't have the visors on them, and although they are different from the 64 arms, they still don't fit.
I either tossed the original visors or they were not there at all.
I recall tossing a set of visors because they were so rusted and shot they wouldn't even come apart, possibly what I need now, who knows.

Either way, I still need a set of 62 visor arms.

I'm not sure what interchanges but I did use a cover from a Chrysler on my original arms. Here's part numbers for the '62...
Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence

Auto Transport Service
Back