• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 vs 65 hardtop door glass

peabodyracin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
I was stripping a 65 Satellite door a few weeks back. Sitting in the pole barn is a 62 Belvedere 2 dr hardtop basket case starting to go back together.

Quite by accident I discovered the door glass and even the frame the glass sits in, is identical between the two years. The rear glass channel is also the same, both shape and angle in the door cavity.

I knew 64 and 65 were the same but would never have expected 62. That makes me think 63 is likely also the same. They must have made all the changes for the different windshield slant in the vent window assembly.

It sure made my day as I needed that same piece of glass for the 62.

I was stripping a 65 Satellite door a few weeks back. Sitting in the pole barn is a 62 Belvedere 2 dr hardtop basket case starting to go back together.

Quite by accident I discovered the door glass and even the frame the glass sits in, is identical between the two years. The rear glass channel is also the same, both shape and angle in the door cavity.

I knew 64 and 65 were the same but would never have expected 62. That makes me think 63 is likely also the same. They must have made all the changes for the different windshield slant in the vent window assembly.

It sure made my day as I needed that same piece of glass for the 62.
Sweet !!

Auto Transport Service
Back