• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 63 FURY HOOD HINGES/SPRINGS - POWDER COATED - PAIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

coloradodave

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Selling a pair of hood hinges and springs off a 1963 Plymouth Fury. They were media blasted and powder coated gloss black. These are USED and have some scuffing and a couple of small chips. Great for a nice driver but not for an all out show car. Please see the pictures. NOTE: Because of the powder coating, they don't work as smoothly as stock hinges. $110.00 plus the ride.

DSCN0173.JPG DSCN0174.JPG DSCN0177.JPG DSCN0178.JPG DSCN0179.JPG DSCN0180.JPG DSCN0181.JPG DSCN0183.JPG DSCN0186.JPG DSCN0187.JPG

Did they not coat the inside of the springs? They look mostly bare in your first two pictures.

Last edited:
Wondering if heat effected springs ?
Very interested !!!

Wondering if heat effected springs ?
Very interested !!!

Heat didn't effect springs. Before I removed them I tried a couple of different springs. The hinges work; they are just stiff...

With the utmost respect, it will be when they rust and it creeps throughout the springs underneath the powder. It will eventually fall off in chunks. Sad indeed ... I hope it didn't cost you much to get done.

With the same utmost respect, I thought it wasn't appropriate to comment on items in the "For Sale" forum? My car never sees rain or car washes so they have remained rust free...:)

With the same utmost respect, I thought it wasn't appropriate to comment on items in the "For Sale" forum? My car never sees rain or car washes so they have remained rust free...:)

A customer sent me a link to your ad because he wanted an evaluation on a color change. My question was on his behalf.

Don't be mad :asskiss:... a little info never hurt anybody.

Selling a pair of hood hinges and springs off a 1963 Plymouth Fury. They were media blasted and powder coated gloss black. These are USED and have some scuffing and a couple of small chips. Great for a nice driver but not for an all out show car. Please see the pictures. NOTE: Because of the powder coating, they don't work as smoothly as stock hinges. $110.00 plus the ride.

View attachment 605735 View attachment 605736 View attachment 605738 View attachment 605739 View attachment 605740 View attachment 605741 View attachment 605742 View attachment 605744 View attachment 605745 View attachment 605746
How $100 shipped ?

A customer sent me a link to your ad because he wanted an evaluation on a color change. My question was on his behalf.

Don't be mad :asskiss:... a little info never hurt anybody.

I'm not mad. I don't see the connection between someone asking you about a color change and you commenting on my ad. Either we, as members, can comment on items for sale or we can't. What's it going to be, moderators? I respect your expertise, Leanna, but instead of tanking my ad, how about next time you PM me and I can add that info. I try to go overboard in details in my description of things I'm selling so that no-one ever gets an item and is disappointed. I never noticed that the inside wasn't coated (see photo) as I never had a light that bright (camera flash) pointing right at the springs. BTW, cute emoji...
DSCN0659.JPG

I'm not mad. I don't see the connection between someone asking you about a color change and you commenting on my ad. Either we, as members, can comment on items for sale or we can't. What's it going to be, moderators? I respect your expertise, Leanna, but instead of tanking my ad, how about next time you PM me and I can add that info. I try to go overboard in details in my description of things I'm selling so that no-one ever gets an item and is disappointed. I never noticed that the inside wasn't coated (see photo) as I never had a light that bright (camera flash) pointing right at the springs. BTW, cute emoji...View attachment 607101

It was public because your In Box is full. There was no other way to ask and protect my customer's interests.

It was public because your In Box is full. There was no other way to ask and protect my customer's interests.

Uh, yeah there is: Just tell me my inbox is full in the thread and I would have emptied it, like I just did. At any rate, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse now so I'm moving on.
Regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back