• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Only

Hey Al, is that your house in the background?
LMOL,no! I rent the 4 car garage with room to back the flatbed in.

2.4.2020 011.jpg 2.4.2020 012.jpg 10.3.19 001.jpg 1.11.20 008.jpg 1.11.20 009.jpg 1.11.20 010.jpg 1.11.20 011.jpg 1.11.20 012.jpg 1.11.20 013.jpg

106501019_3006561752753060_9142638214009736013_n.jpg

looks like maybe the old dodge material 65 A990 in the back ground

Just joined. Don't see very many 63 300's. Just picked this one up and I'm trying to learn more about the car.

20200708_221239.jpg 20200708_220908.jpg

^^^^^^^^Nice ! My Dad had one back in 1966 Great car. Loved the square steering wheel.

Hello '63 folks - I've posted a couple times on this seasoned thread; thought I'd toss out a few photos of my '63 after the resto was pretty much completed, aha that's funny huh...when is it ever complete? The shop that did the repaint on my Fury invited me to partake in the Milwaukee WOW (World of Wheels) show held in February (2019 show). Yanked it out of storage and was flat-bedded to the show - geezuz was it friggin cold! The rules mandated no more than 1/4 tank of gas so had to leave the car running for over an hour plus on the flatbed, to burn off my nice pricey ethanol-free gas. Won two awards for best early B-body modified (can't recall right off what the 2nd one was). They had awards for everything like cleanest gas pedal (I'm joking). As I drove the car in the show building, the 'My Car Story with Lou' was packing up until he saw the car and asked to include it in his collection of cars he featured. It was a great experience all around. The owner of the body shop has some 25 cars and the '55 Chev and Mustang in the photo are part of his collection. Getting the car back home was worse...even colder with a stiff wind after dark with some icing on my drive trying to back it back into it's winter home. Yeah, I like to complain. lol

Plymouth WOW Pic1.jpg Plymouth WOW 3 pic.jpg

On the topic of '63's and adding the 'first muscle car' given to the '64 GTO (much as I like 'em as a prior owner of a '67) lets wonder why '63 Plymouth/Dodge didn't acquire this go-to handle:

64 GTO - weight 3400 lbs, Base 115", length 203" 1/4 mile 14
63 Plymouth weight 3383, Base 116", length 205" 1/4 mile (426) 12.7 (stat's vary depending on source - this was Hot Rod mag 1963).

In '62 Chrysler downsized the Plymouth/Dodge kind of late in the game as rumor has it the engineers caught wind of GM downsizing some of their models and intro of the Nova. In '63 mopar came out with the 426 motor stuffed into the downsized Ply/Dodges. The fundamental handle of a muscle car was a huge motor in a medium-sized body. Who knows, could be the badge of 'GTO' made this difference....
Matters none...yet this always kinda irritated me.

Ron, car shows get me crazy with the empty fuel tank policy.
From years ago working at gas stations the tanker drivers would say that a full tank burns.
A empty tank EXPLODES !

Ron, car shows get me crazy with the empty fuel tank policy.
From years ago working at gas stations the tanker drivers would say that a full tank burns.
A empty tank EXPLODES !
Yes - thought the same as well. We had to tape over the gas cap, disconnect battery and tape over the neg post. Thought well if the dangling neg cable contacts metal what then? No rule on this. Inspectors walked around ensuring you had no more than 1/4 gas and taped up.

A Vegas show we had to drain the gas tanks with a siphon hose. The cars were outside in a tent. ??

Not as a full size Chrysler 300 of 1964 (above photo) that is a C body.
Your 63 300 convertible is also a C body.

@Floaten, yep, your convertable is a c-body, despite what wiki says. The a bodys are the small cars, dusters,valiants early barracudas. B-bodies are the roadrunners, coronets, chargers etc., mid size(?) cars. C-bodies are all the big cars ( i think except for imperial) full size plymouths , dodges and chryslers. I may be wrong about the details , but generally correct.
Oh, the 70-up barracudas and challengers are e-bodies.
I'm sure they will love your car on the c-body side! Your welcome here too! Lots of general mopar knowledge here that can be used on all mopars!

yes 300 are c bodies . you will find alot of mis-info on the net . sorry to say , but just anyone can post on it , right or wrong . but here we know our cars , in fact i own a 64 300 k . and had several of them . and your 63 300 is just a year older then mine . sorry for my dirty car , it got put away quickly . before the washing man got to it . lol .
Scan0024_0024.jpg
Scan0030_0030.jpg

Thanks for the info everyone. New to classic car ownership. I will hang around here for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back