• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth convertible top well

yeah - thought I had seen a few '63's with that arm rest style panel nicer look than the plain panels

Glenn what month was your current 63 Built the one with the armrest ? Do you know the month they changed style ? Thanks .

just jumping in 426SFC - thought Glenn said the style change actually came in sometime in '62 if I followed correctly.

The change was in 63 ,I have seen 63s with both styles I was trying to pinpoint the month and wondered what month Glenn's 63 was built with the armrests as he has had both style .

I'm not sure what month, Ill take a picture of my data plate and post it here, I don't know how to read it. Ill let one of you guys figure it out, should be interesting!

Hope you can make these out!

DSCN2042 (3).JPG DSCN2041 (3).JPG DSCN2035 (3).JPG DSCN2040.JPG DSCN2119.JPG DSCN2115 (2).JPG DSCN2113.JPG

Your 1963 Max Wedge Convertible you had did that have the Earlier style 62 rear armrest ? Do you know when it was built? Which one was it ?what was the Exteior color Interior color and trans I'm sure it's in the Darrell Davis Book .

Galen Govier decipherd the data plate years ago for me and I have the info some where . I seem to remember it being built in Oct of 62. It was white with red interior and a three speed. That's whats so great about my current Sport Fury its just like I have my old car yet before I discovered it was a real max wedge. My 383 it now has was what was in the Wedge for 20 years before I discovered it was a real max wedge car in 99! I sold the max wedge in 01to Bart Wells who then flipped it to Fred Ingelhart . It then was totally restored out in California and sold at McCoormic Place auction and then as stated by the current owner,who is a member on this site, was lost in the wild fires last fall in Napa Vally. He never answerd my questions if this was my car but it sure sounds like it was! I'm not familure with the Darrel Davis book. Let me know if its in there. I think there were 12 Max Wedge Sport Fury Convertible built with about 8 being 3 speeds.

Oh and it had the flat no arm rest rear panels, According to the article in Mopar Collectors Guide back in 08? It was one of one it being the only white with red interior 3 speed Max Wedge 63 Sport Fury Convertible built! And yes I still get sellers remorse when I think about that fact!

The lower left numbers then give the date huh? Mine has 1103 so must be November '62. Maybe those produced after the year change got the arm rests? On a side note which numbers ID the motor?

On Detroit built 63 Plymouths under the A is the engine number ,and under the B is the trans number .

Glenn, according to the Darrell Davis 63 Plymouth book they Made 35 ,63 Plymouth Max Wedge Sport Fury Convertibles .The one lost in the fire owned by a member on this site was Black ,with blue Interior and white top .ther is a video on u tube when he found it .

Wondered as my '63 was a CA car I got in '95 and came to find a motor date of 10-64 (318) then later found it had been rebuilt bored over.30 in 81. So...not original motor then wondered if it had been possibly a different engine originally. Anyway what are the odds of snagging the arm rest style panels somewhere? Might have better odds buying a power ball ticket.

Glenn ,I looked your former 63 Max Wedge Convertible up in the Darrell Davis book .They made 5 63 Max Wedge Sport Fury Convertibles in white out of the 35 built .2 where Automatics 3 were stick shift yours was the only white car with red Interior and stick shift .The Darrell Davis books are a Great resource for these Max Wedge cars and make it easy to Identify them .I own an Original Black Max Wedge 63 Sport Fury Convertible red Interior and white Top .Radio and Heater Delete .T - 85 stick shift car I have had for 35 years so I have been following them for a while .I always wonder his many of the original 35 still survive .

Ron ,those rear panels were use in some 63 and all 64 and 65 B Body Convertibles so there should be some around .All original 63 Max Wedge Plymouths would be Detroit built cars ,and would have a number 1 in the forth Digit of the vin .

Encouraging news with possible locating panels. Thanks! My vehicle no. is 3331125650. Don't know right off how to ID the factory that built it.

Auto Transport Service
Back