• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Savoy wheel centre size?

Wallus57

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks. We just purchased a 63 Savoy with 14" wheels on it. It's 3 1/2 hours away and I have to pick up some wheels and tires for it before I go to get it rolling. From what I read on the forum here it looks like they are 5 x 4 1/2 pattern but I need to make sure I have the right centre size too. Anyone know for sure?
Thanks, Wally.

5 on 4 1/2 is correct. Mopar and aftermarket wheels will work. 1/2x20 lug thread size. The driver side MIGHT still be left hand thread! Look for an "L" on the end of the stud.
Older Ford wheels have too small a center hub hole. If you still need hub dimensions, I can get some for you tomorrow.

5 on 4 1/2 is correct. Mopar and aftermarket wheels will work. 1/2x20 lug thread size. The driver side MIGHT still be left hand thread! Look for an "L" on the end of the stud.
Older Ford wheels have too small a center hub hole. If you still need hub dimensions, I can get some for you tomorrow.
Actually I would appreciate it if you would get the dimensions for me. It's going to be a long trip and I'd like to get it right lol.

Actually I would appreciate it if you would get the dimensions for me. It's going to be a long trip and I'd like to get it right lol.
493 M
Mike did it for you already. If the wheels you want to use have the right bolt pattern, and an almost 2 7/8 center hole, they'll work.
As an aside, you do know how to check bolt pattern, right? For a five lug wheel, measure from the far edge of a lug hole, or stud, to the mide of a hole two away. That will be the bolt pattern.

493 M
Mike did it for you already. If the wheels you want to use have the right bolt pattern, and an almost 2 7/8 center hole, they'll work.
As an aside, you do know how to check bolt pattern, right? For a five lug wheel, measure from the far edge of a lug hole, or stud, to the mide of a hole two away. That will be the bolt pattern.
Yes. Thank you for replying..

Auto Transport Service
Back