• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Belvedere-windlace

If you don't care if it has cloth on it,, I ordered seals for a 88 Dodge Ram truck from Rock Auto.View attachment 1116308 View attachment 1116309
It comes long enough to do the car doors. Best part it was only $13 a door. No problem with the doors closing.
I did a 64 2 door sedan Dart first then my 63 Belvedere 4 door sedan.
Do you recall who the manufacture was for the weatherstips that you use was ? Just would be nice to know, when ordering (I have a 62 Fury wagon) thanks for the tip

Thanks for this information...when you've got a wagon, door seals get $$$$ very fast !
I have some black repro windlace that I bought from Joe Suchy that I did not use. If interested, I can make you a good deal on it. I got it for my '64 Polara 4-door hardtop and will measure the length.

Sorry rustytoolss, I don't have that info on hand.

When you do this look how the metal fits with no weather strip. The pinch flange may be to close to the door in some areas. On mine the passenger door metal at the top was to close to the 1/4 panel. I cut split and welded the door itself. It has aftermarket OE style weather strip. It hasn't worn in 10 years of use. doors shut and fit perfect.
Doug

Here is some info, a friend used them without an issue.

Jeff

https://www.restorationspecialties.com/assets/pdfs/2022_PDF_Catalog_RSSI.pdf

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

When you do this look how the metal fits with no weather strip. The pinch flange may be to close to the door in some areas. On mine the passenger door metal at the top was to close to the 1/4 panel. I cut split and welded the door itself. It has aftermarket OE style weather strip. It hasn't worn in 10 years of use. doors shut and fit perfect.
Doug
I had to do the same thing as you done , slice and dice , using 72-93 dodge truck door seal , got one from Joe didn't like the way it fit .

I used some aftermarket windlace on my 65 Belvedere wagon. It took about a year of use to wear them in to at least be able to close the doors a little better.

If you don't care if it has cloth on it,, I ordered seals for a 88 Dodge Ram truck from Rock Auto.View attachment 1116308 View attachment 1116309
It comes long enough to do the car doors. Best part it was only $13 a door. No problem with the doors closing.
I did a 64 2 door sedan Dart first then my 63 Belvedere 4 door sedan.
Just making sure that the D3004 (dodge truck) door seals fit you 63 Plymouth ? from Rockauto. Before I buy them

Yes they did and they fit my 64 Dart 2 door sedan too.
My truck was a 1988 D350. They may be different after 1993.

Thanks for this information...when you've got a wagon, door seals get $$$$ very fast !
I had the same problem with my doors not shutting unless I slammed the H3ll out of them. And they're delicate doors to say the least. Jim Kramer sold me a set that supposedly are the right thickness. I will let y'all know as soon as I can.

I bought a set for my 64 Fury wagon from Metro and did not have any problems with them. Doors were tight closing but some hot days and it was fixed. I would buy from them again.

Yes they did and they fit my 64 Dart 2 door sedan too.
My truck was a 1988 D350. They may be different after 1993.
Just ordered 2 sets (4 door) fingers crossed...none of my cars will ever be in the Hall of Fame, so saving money helps me do other needed things, Thanks

Worked for me. No problem as far as doors closing on either cars. On my 4 door only driver door needed adjustment.
That was because I removed the door to replace the hinge spring and rollers. Other than that all is well.

Worked for me. No problem as far as doors closing on either cars. On my 4 door only driver door needed adjustment.
That was because I removed the door to replace the hinge spring and rollers. Other than that all is well.
I need rollers for my 62..where did you find them

MoparLeo a member on here.
He has the best door springs too.
I bought springs from Mr Moparts that had no spring to them.:BangHead: Had to do the job twice !!!
MoparLeo helped me out for sure !

just got D3004 door seals today. I did not remove them from the clear plastic bags, but pushed one on somewhat...from what I can see, they will work fine, length could be the only issue (but can't see that being a problem) Thanks for the tip !

If I remember you will have plenty and end up cutting anywhere from 6-8'' up to 20-24'' for a 4 door car.
This is what was left over on the 64 2 door Dart just about 8''.

IMG_1995.jpg

just got D3004 door seals today. I did not remove them from the clear plastic bags, but pushed one on somewhat...from what I can see, they will work fine, length could be the only issue (but can't see that being a problem) Thanks for the tip !
If you can share, what is the part number or stock number on the package so as to receive the correct one if need be.

The rockauto number is D3004 (on the box is KD3004) price is $17.88 each but your can only buy in sets of Two, = $35.76, +shipping+tax (1988 -1992 Dodge full size pickup.) Just to let you know ... I have not fully installed the door seals, I just checked how the looked and fit on the body/seal flange !!!!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back