• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 64 Chrome Valve Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the 64 covers 6 bolt, ?

yes, 6 bolt and a “snout” on each valve cover opposite sides (pcv cap and breather). One valve cover has 3 “c” bendable clips to hold wiring.

Just got a reply from Alberta Plating in Calgary. Valve covers are roughly 200.00- 250.00 Canadian each to be plated.

lucky, I’m in ottawa. We’ve had 2 chrome shops near to me close recently. Ontario environmental laws makes it so expensive. Closest one is in Montreal 2 hours away. Amazing triple plate chrome but not cheap.

Mine were from the 'max wedge' and marine world. sorry if the wire loom clips didnt match your expectations.

I have one NOS and one really mint 69 and earlier covers. I also live close to the chromer in Kelowna who has a good rep. If someone knows what the correct tabs are for the 64 covers I might be able to hook you up if no-one else can. I'm in Canada so Canada Post works better than cross border for shipping as well. Pretty sure the NOS cover has 68 C-body tabs on it but I can polish that off easily.

I believe 69 ones are different as they don’t have the snout for the pcv cap. The C brackets look like the picture here. There are 3 of them spot welded along one side and they are flexible. Holds wiring next to the intake side of the valve cover on right side of car (pcv side)

80D6C203-2C80-4D99-B597-9F3018D0A847.jpeg

Somehow I missed out on this thread last month. Chignikred is a solid seller.... did someone pick up his valve covers?? Send me a PM if need be. TIA, Lefty71

Somehow I missed out on this thread last month. Chignikred is a solid seller.... did someone pick up his valve covers?? Send me a PM if need be. TIA, Lefty71

Asked for a few pics to my email but didn’t hear back. Maybe he got busy

I did send you a separate set of pics. I did not get a reply from you.
As with any wanted ad, I assume I can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink.
There are so many variables a 'seller' cant see to a want, that I dont chase wants, until a buyers asks how much and how to sent money.
red

Steeve009, the First pic you show “wanted” is not correct for 64-65. Yhey are notched for the gasket tabs and should not have the notches. The ones chignikred showed are correct with no notches for the gaskets.

I did send you a separate set of pics. I did not get a reply from you.
As with any wanted ad, I assume I can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink.
There are so many variables a 'seller' cant see to a want, that I dont chase wants, until a buyers asks how much and how to sent money.
red

I sent you my email address in the PM section and never received and email. I never negotiated or complained about price so please don’t make me seem like I didn’t want to pay. I simply asked for more photos and didn’t receive any. Please resend if possible as I didn’t get any email to the address I provided

Steeve009, the First pic you show “wanted” is not correct for 64-65. Yhey are notched for the gasket tabs and should not have the notches. The ones chignikred showed are correct with no notches for the gaskets.

Wouldn’t the street wedge have the C shaped wire holders down the side of the right valve cover? I believe his are max wedge. Either way I’d be fine with them but I wanted to see a few more pics first to see the condition of the chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back