• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 dodge 440 rehab

moparpoor

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
This is my rag I built to play with.200.00 dollar pars car that was picked over,some what rehabbed with fiberglass floors.I took and cut out the floors built new floors with thru floor subframe.451 11.7cr indy ez,indy intake,holley1000hp,roller cam,tti headers.727 built by me nothing fancy,83/4 430 gear,29.5x9 mickeys.Not to bad for a car headed for the crusher.This car was put together with left overs or hand me downs.the short block was another 200.00 dollar purchase.Some engine shop told my buddy it was bored to loose and is junk.10.77@124ishmph @3700 race weight?

Attachments

• 187.jpg
    187.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 840
  • 188.jpg
    188.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 823
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 788
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 793
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 782
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 768
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 747
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 738
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 730
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 787
I'm glad somebody likes it.It maybe ugly,but it is alot of fun.My boys really enjoy going to the track with me.Its a big deal to them to what their old man act like a kid.My oldest son takes it pretty serious,he spends alot of time run calcs on time slips and tracking tuneups.Hell, I just want to play!!!

nice motor. sounds like your son is going to make a name for himself in the racing circle.

Our first full backet race I got put out in fouth round by .0289 He set me up with a 11.25 dial in after 20degree change,of course we argued he won.The car went [email protected] with a .040 light lost to a 12.04 dialin that went [email protected] to bad for 14,we argue all the time @slot car drag racing about dialins go figure?Gotta love it!!!

To be honest this car goes against every bone in my body.I am an **** bastard about my cars and the way they are built...I do enjoy the fact it is a no worry,beat the hell out of it,beer coaster!!!I feel sorry for the people that live in howell and marion township.They were my testing grounds for this,sorry folks.Not really:bootyshake::bootyshake:

Just picked up the 64 dodge from my so called buddy today.I was using his garage to store my car while I worked on his in mine.The lazy F--cker didn't drain the water as I asked him to multiple times as he said he did.As I'm pouring water in it and watching it pour out the side of the block.:angryfire::angry9::BangHead: On top of it all the piece of s--t stiffed me out of a bunch of money.Just another fat lazy deadbeat!!!!

Just a few freeze plugs I'm hoping.We just got the car worked out with some little bugs to go.I feel the car has more in it yet,just needed to rev a little more so planned on changing to external swinging pickup and change the converter.Now i get to pull it apart to inspect it.I'm really tired of peoples stupid bullshit.

Got the freeze plugs to put in.The car is coming home this weekend and will get late nights and undivided attention for a couple of days.All I need is a whole lot of luck its just freeze plugs.

cool car i like it i hope everything works out ok with your engine.

The motor is out,it doesn't look like any damage.I am going to pull the rest of the plugs and replace all of them just to be safe.While the motor is out I will make a couple of changes and some needed fixes.I will also add the hood and scoop while the carb is off.I am getting back to my old self again.Pulled this one from start to finish in about four hours.Its been a good day today,got a new trailer,pulled the motor,and spent the whole day with my youngest son today.He went to work with me,we baught the trailer together,went to lunch with grandpa,he stood by my side while pulling the motor,he even took a rag and wiped down daddies new race car trailer.Thanks Little Buddy!!!! :icon_cheers:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 523
The motor is back in and so far no leaks.I still need to bolt up the converter and the carb to start it and let it get to temp.
The best part is my little buddy trying to rub off the paint cleaning the trailer!!!He is excited to be around the cars and the track again.He is ruined for life,at the ripe age of four.Hot rods are every thing to him,go figure.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 527
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 554
It lives,started with no problems.Run it up to temperature,let it stabilise,and kicked the **** out of it.Now I can get back to making progress,instead of reworks.

Hey I made some progress.I got the hood on and the scoop also.The scoop will need some fitting and messaging.Nothing major actually alot less than I thought.I am moving forward and not backwards for a change.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 517
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 485
Auto Transport Service
Back