• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 model steering colums

ir3333

Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
...will 65 and 66 columns fit the '64 models?
..tx guys

Automatic column shifts are different. 65 has cables to a unique trans. 66 has bell crank and rods. I think non column shifts should interchange.
You need to determine column shift or non column shift and power or manual steering when looking a column interchange.
I put a 66 column shift with a later trans in my 65. Converted to a bell crank and rods for the shifter. Perfect fit in my application. Even wiring worked.

Last edited:
That is what i have been considering, converting to a later column shift transmission from a '64 push button transmission.

Last edited:
That is what i have been considering, converting to a later column shift transmission from a '64 push buttun transmission.
if you do, i might be interested in the push button shift cables if you have them and wanna sell them.

This is on a 64 i am considering purchasing.
..being an A body guy, i'm thinking of jumping ship and am trying to get educated.Much to learn!I will keep you in mind.

This is on a 64 i am considering purchasing.
..being an A body guy, i'm thinking of jumping ship and am trying to get educated.Much to learn!I will keep you in mind.
I just did the same, I have a 74 dart and i just brought home the 64 polara I bought last spring from a buddy.

Auto Transport Service
Back