• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 on BaT

Detroit Iron

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
I posted my Polara for sale here a couple times on the forum and didn't get any serious buyers. I think I asked $20k or so. I don't remember, but whatever it was; it was a steal. Since then I listed it on Bring a Trailer. If you haven't looked at this site, it's more geared toward exotics, but now and then they have some American muscle.

I still love my Polara and early B cars, but after 20 years I think I'm ready for something different. I've gotten a lot of input and parts from the guys on this forum, and particularly from this early B thread. Ya'll like family, and that's the truth.

20-Years-Owned 1964 Dodge Polara 500

I am in the same position and know the feeling.
Good luck in your sale..

1655405533271.png
I never seen it posted here. Sweet ride ,how are the floors? Bondo? Garage kept? Reserve? thanks Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the compliment. The floors are solid, not rust. There is also no Bondo. In the 20 years that I've owned the car it's been in my garage. The owner before me bought the car from the original owner (old man) just to flip it. The guy I bought it from was a garage door installer, and he found the car in the garage of a job he was doing. He said the car was sitting in the garage, covered with an inch of dust. So, garage kept in Washington state, and garage kept in California. The reserve is $24k. BaT doesn't want sellers to disclose the reserve. I disagree with this practice. The reserves are just there to protect the sellers. I say tell people the reserve. That way, they know if they are in the game or not. What's the harm in that? Anyway, thanks for checking out my Polara.

You might be surprised by BaT. I think your car will resonate with quite a few guys and it only takes two to rack the price up.

I posted my Polara for sale here a couple times on the forum and didn't get any serious buyers. I think I asked $20k or so. I don't remember, but whatever it was; it was a steal. Since then I listed it on Bring a Trailer. If you haven't looked at this site, it's more geared toward exotics, but now and then they have some American muscle.

I still love my Polara and early B cars, but after 20 years I think I'm ready for something different. I've gotten a lot of input and parts from the guys on this forum, and particularly from this early B thread. Ya'll like family, and that's the truth.

20-Years-Owned 1964 Dodge Polara 500
I think I should fly out and drive it home. It would be a long trip to the midwest but what an adventure.

Hi Dave, thanks for the compliment. The floors are solid, not rust. There is also no Bondo. In the 20 years that I've owned the car it's been in my garage. The owner before me bought the car from the original owner (old man) just to flip it. The guy I bought it from was a garage door installer, and he found the car in the garage of a job he was doing. He said the car was sitting in the garage, covered with an inch of dust. So, garage kept in Washington state, and garage kept in California. The reserve is $24k. BaT doesn't want sellers to disclose the reserve. I disagree with this practice. The reserves are just there to protect the sellers. I say tell people the reserve. That way, they know if they are in the game or not. What's the harm in that? Anyway, thanks for checking out my Polara.
First of all, you need to tell this story on BaT about how the guy found it. People on there eat this stuff up.

Second, revealing the reserve is a terrible idea. You are potentially limiting how much you can get for the car. What if someone was willing to pay $30k? Now you have let them know they don’t necessarily need to bid that high, unless of course there is stiff competition for the car. My dad always told me that in negotiations, the first one to say a number loses.

Let’s put it this way, if you were selling your house, would you have the real estate agent tell potential buyers your bottom dollar amount you would take for your house? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back