• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Only

Did you try AMS Obsolete in Georgia, phone is 706 337-4606. They also repop a lot of parts that I never see advertised anywhere.
Not sure. I would have to look through my papers. Thank you

Question. So 64 Polara hood lip molding being non exsistent . What are people doing to improvise. I've had the car a yr and have searched since day one aggressively. I have called every Mopar yard across the country with the same results zero.
If I can't find one I'm thinking of having that piece air brushed on, just a thought. If anyone has a trim piece or knows where there is one
I would be intrested
Try Bill Petrow at Special T's. He reproduced them a few years ago. I bought one from him for a Polara 500 I restored. It was a very nice billet piece that came with its own fasteners.

Try Bill Petrow at Special T's. He reproduced them a few years ago. I bought one from him for a Polara 500 I restored. It was a very nice billet piece that came with its own fasteners.
I called Special T's awhile back he had 4 left at $400. each. He said after they were gone he wasn't making any more and from what I understand they were not a quality piece. At this stage of the built I have alot of $400. parts I need first.
I am surprised with the need for this molding someone else hasn't picked up on it.

9F7E899C-A32B-4AE3-ABB8-A720117F27D5.jpeg

I did the same thing with my tail lights. And then I wired them to flash in sequence. I installed 440 series backup lights in the licence plate cove.
I did the sequential turn lights also, it's got a great look on this cars.

She's on the trailer and headed for home! A true one-owner, I got the original 1964 title, black plates, owner's/service manuals, build sheet. 383 4-barrel, auto drop top. I'll be posting up elsewhere for parts and resto advice.

20230501_171912.jpg

20230501_172154.jpg

20230501_172130.jpg

20230501_172100.jpg

20230501_172045.jpg

Last edited:
Resto???Get it running do the brakes and probably new tires. Then drive drive it!! That looks great.

Resto???Get it running do the brakes and probably new tires. Then drive drive it!! That looks great.
Well, not resto maybe but some parts need rehab. It runs well and stops. All the gauges and lights work and the AM radio plays. It even has the original glass. I will definitely be driving it!

Any original paperwork?
Yessir. I got the original and only title dated 12/64 that lists the plates that are still on the car, build sheet (was still under the rear seat), service/warranty book that got wet but has original service records from day one, original owner's manual (it's out in the glovebox), and a handful of early service invoices. No window sticker though. I'm not sure if this adds any value but kinda cool to have.

20230508_075603 (2).jpg

20230508_075609 (2).jpg

20230508_075650 (2).jpg

20230508_075719 (2).jpg

Fantastic! Always love getting as much paperwork with a car as possible. And of course it adds value. Well done!

Auto Transport Service
Back