• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 polara chassis manual

dukeboy_318

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have the dimensions for the subframe and such for a 64 polara? Or know where i can find a chassis manual online for one?

I believe that the Factory Service Manual (FSM) has a section in it where the frame dimensions are shown along with a drawing/sketch of the frame. This would come in handy to body shops [for example] in ensuring that your car is straight/square if it had been in a collision.

I'll take a look at my manual tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work and can visit the garage.

Ok.....so in the reproduction FSM I have in Section 23 (Body and Sheet Metal - Dodge) on page no. 92 there are 2 hand sketches showing Body Dimensions. One sketch is the Bottom View of the frame, K member, etc... and the other sketch is a side view of the frame. It's pretty simple looking by today's standards, but 1964 was a simpler time.....

The manual I'm looking at can be found here among other places.....https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-Polara/dp/B00IW90XOE

I bought the manual hoping it was step by step on things like they do with modern cars, but as I've read through a few sections, some of this is kind of unwritten "figure that crap out, you're the mechanic." Ironically, I was just watching Graveyard Cars last night and Mark Worman discovered (by using an untouched survivor car) that the way he'd been bolting the ground cable to the engine block was not the way it was done by the factory.

I bought the manual hoping it was step by step on things like they do with modern cars, but as I've read through a few sections, some of this is kind of unwritten "figure that crap out, you're the mechanic." Ironically, I was just watching Graveyard Cars last night and Mark Worman discovered (by using an untouched survivor car) that the way he'd been bolting the ground cable to the engine block was not the way it was done by the factory.
hahahaa oops

Auto Transport Service
Back