• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Decoding Help

Piranhaz

Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
I have a bunch of different fender tag decoding sites, but none of the ones I have seem to go into the detail I need. First, if someone has a link to a site that will actually help me, I would appreciate the help.
Here is my fender tag (64 Dodge Polara).
I think I figured out the bottom row, but not sure what the numbers mean under the letters. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if it's posted somewhere else. I searched but didn't find what I needed.

This is what I have found:
642 - 2 door hardtop
P4X - Interior color, Black
PP - Exterior color, Red

332380503_752020736533598_1825990611597961875_n.jpg

A5 is auto trans. H5 is heater with defroster. M3 is back up lights. N8 is windshield washer. P2 is drivers side remote mirror. T8 is 48 Amp battery. The engine code is under the QR on Hamtramk built cars. The 2 in your VIN. If there is no code there, then it means the standard engine for the model was installed. You have a V/8 polara 500, so it would be 318 poly. I don't think they put 273s in B bodies in 64, but I could be wrong.

A5 is auto trans. H5 is heater with defroster. M3 is back up lights. N8 is windshield washer. P2 is drivers side remote mirror. T8 is 48 Amp battery. The engine code is under the QR on Hamtramk built cars. The 2 in your VIN. If there is no code there, then it means the standard engine for the model was installed. You have a V/8 polara 500, so it would be 318 poly. I don't think they put 273s in B bodies in 64, but I could be wrong.
Thanks!!! Yes, it is a Poly 318 car. Where do you find that info?
Anyway, I really appreciate the help! Here is my broadcast sheet as well.

1964 Dodge Polara Broadcast Sheet.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back