• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Fender Tag Decode

slicknapier

Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
I have looked online and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. Seems I have a couple numbers and letters that don’t match up on the fender tags I’ve seen. Seems kind of like a mix of different codes. The trim and paint numbers don’t match any that I have found. Thanks all..

IMG_9586.jpeg

Built at the Hamtramck plant. H4X is black bench seat interior. The paint code is gray metallic. The first 5 is three speed auto. The 1 is AM radio. The 5 is heater with defroster. The 3 is back up lights. The 8 is windshield washer. The 2 is outside left remote mirror. The 05 is 383 2bbl engine. The 4 is 70 Amp battery. The 5 is unknown. Does it have dual dome lights? I assume you know the rest.

Alright that all checks out. It has the dual rear dome lights if that’s what you’re referring to. Thanks for the reply. Where do you get this info? You probably get sick of decoding all of these!

The 5 that I said was unknown would be the dual dome lights. I took an educated guess at it. I get my info from the Galen Govier white books. They are fairly accurate as far as I can tell. I don't know if you can still get them new.

Built at the Hamtramck plant. H4X is black bench seat interior. The paint code is gray metallic. The first 5 is three speed auto. The 1 is AM radio. The 5 is heater with defroster. The 3 is back up lights. The 8 is windshield washer. The 2 is outside left remote mirror. The 05 is 383 2bbl engine. The 4 is 70 Amp battery. The 5 is unknown. Does it have dual dome lights? I assume you know the rest.
thanks for helping the guy out. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back