• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color code 64 Polara

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi FBBO,

since I could not find any information about this I want to ask you guys.

I am trying to figure out what exact color code my 64 Polara has. I have no fender tag or something similar.

Here is the car:
a7363ed3-accb-46b1-b5bf-7c1e5bd6d116.jpeg
ade39feb-4aca-4d97-9378-eaec2ae842c5.jpeg

Here is a picture of the color codes I think would fit to the car (red circle):

IMG_5687.jpeg

I think at least one of you can help me!

Thanks in advance
Yannik

I think it’s safe to rule out ivory. You might pull up a couple color selection charts on a tablet, like the one below, and compare to the paint out in natural light. It probably will not be a perfect match but maybe close enough to give you an answer.

1705437980559.jpeg

1964 dodge paint color charts at DuckDuckGo

I think it is XX-1, Beige, top and bottom. This colour has no metallic in it. Tan (YY-1) is a little darker, and has metallic in it. The colour chart you posted is for 2-tone cars, thus, for example, YX-2. Tan Metallic lower with beige top,-2 colours. Your Dodge looks to be in nice shape. I have a 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop.

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

Instant thought seeing your car.... that's Beige.
(I've owned three 55 chevys, two-toned beige and ......)

I am trying to figure out what exact color code my 64 Polara has. I have no fender tag or something similar.

If you want some info on your car including the paint code you can contact Danielle Szostak-Viers at the FCA Historical Archives and she might be able to get you a copy of the IBM card with the info on it. (Build Card)

Email [email protected]

The FCA Historical Archives is able to provide you with a copy of the build card for your historic vehicle without charge. However, due to the volume of requests we receive and the modest staff that we have, we are unable to offer the decoding service and copied material that we have in the past. Please provide us with proof of ownership, i.e. a copy of the title or registration, and your mailing address and we will send you the build card.

Email her and see if they are currently doing this. You'll receive a copy like this one.

20170116_193115.jpg

Thank you guys. Then it is probably beige.

I already noticed that you can get the build card from chrysler for cars before 1968. i will send them an email and see what they can give me.

By the way, the car has still most of its factory paint!

Thanks to everyone
Yannik

An old 64 Dodge Polara trim tag that I’ve been saving. It’s pretty close.

IMG_4411.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back