• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Savoy Stg III for sale Not Mine

Wow! A lot of work needed on that baby. Incorrect hood, with bracing still in place. Somebody put 4-speed pedals in it. Firewall butchered for incorrect heater hose placement. Missing crossram and correct carbs. Will need correct Big Block cable shift 727.

@Dave6T4 I am looking at the pictures. What are you seeing to say that this car is a TorqueFlite car? I do not see button shifter or shift and park cables? I do not have Darrell Davis's '64 book to check the VIN to see how it was assembled. The other question, does it have Stage III heads?

In the posting, there is a section, "About this car", says it was automatic. Also says it is rare factory heater car, but pictures show hoses coming out of wrong side of firewall. They should be over near area of electrical block hole.

Sorry, I missed that! If they were converting to a 4 speed they probably pulled all the stuff I was looking for. That's where the hoses go in my car. I guess somebody pulled the heater when they were racing and then when it got to the colder climate they put in whatever was at hand.

MAX 2022-1.JPG

A fellow I knew ordered one of the few '62 Max Wedge Darts that came to Ontario. It did not come with a heater or defroster. Joe wanted to use the car as an all-year driver, so he ordered all the heater stuff from the Dodge store where he bought his car. Every fall, he pulled the 413 and replaced it with a 383, so he could drive it in the winter. Every spring, he reinstalled the 413, so he could go racing again.

Auto Transport Service
Back