• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Sport Fury

Big progress over the weekend. I had the transmission rebuilt by Anaheim Gear and picked it up. In today's mail, I received more transmission parts. Now I gotta put it all together.
I also got a flywheel but I handed that to the engine builder to get it balanced with the dampener and crank.

trans1.jpg trans2.jpg trans3.jpg

Dec 2021

A lot happened in my personal life and I had to move from Bishop, CA. I was sad to leave the Eastern Sierra but family comes first. I was fortunate enough to move into a home with a 2 car garage so I can continue to work on the car rain or shine.

IMG_9938.jpg IMG_9973.jpg IMG_9974.jpg

Wow, big change. Hope that it works out for you. Any plans for MATSLV or Spring Fling?

Feb 2022

I decided to do some work with the trans and clutch linkage. With the help of the 64 Plymouth service manual and lots of pics/texts with buddies I made some good progress. I got the shifter and linkages set up. I was able to install the over center spring in the dash which was a pain.

But now I am working and learning about the Z bar install. Of course the trans isn't fully installed so I can't set it up completely. One piece of trouble I ran into was a bolt stuck in the bell housing. I'll have to get that one way or another.

Last night I got the linkages set up and the shifter bolted on. Big success.

One more thing I got new hood hinges that move easily. Now I can attach my fiberglass hood without fearing it will snap in half. I attached my low tension springs to help visualize the look.

IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0064.jpg IMG_0066.jpg IMG_0070.jpg IMG_0071.jpg IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0079.jpg IMG_0078.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back