• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Sport Fury

Hey everyone.....Thanks for the nice comments, I'm over by Toledo, Yesterday, I talked to the previous owner, he called on the phone to tell me he found more parts that go with the car. Including a compressor, he says goes in the trunk for the A/C. Being new to B bodies, I thinking I'm gonna need all the help I can get. I will continue to post pics on progress.
Well i'll try again after typing this for the second time only to have it loose it all. Having sold those cars back in the day, i have never seen one come from the factory like the picture shows. It has to be an aftermarket contraption someone installed in your beautiful car. It has to have some kind of electric run compressor, as there are no holes in firewall where original A/C lines would have come through. The car probably was heater only, as i can see where heater core tube is sticking out of the firewall. Also the thing is mounted on top of the original floormat, which would never been done like that at the factory. My advice (2 cents) would be scrap it, repair the holes, buy a new floor mat, rear shelf panel and put the car back to original. I am also wondering if your car is a 361 or a 383? 361's came with a 2bbl in 64 and 383's came with a 4bbl. Good luck with your ride and welcome aboard.

Fuely62, Thank You for the comments, previous owner says it was a dealer installed option. It is electrically run, As soon as I pick up the rest of the parts I will post pictures. Engine is 361

Auto Transport Service
Back